IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup. As DeLong said, what's scary about these two is that Caine was more qualified than Moore.
https://www.bradford-delong.com/2019/04/this-identity-politics-stuff-is-killing-america.html

This Identity Politics Stuff is Killing America...

There is an argument that somebody who has built a food-processing and consumer-service business and met its payroll—like Herman Cain—should be on the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, in order to keep the staff and the other Governors reality-based in the sense that it would force them to explain themselves to somebody whose experience is in the real and not the financial economy. There is no argument that Herman Cain is the best businessman for the slot.

There is no argument at all that Stephen Moore—whose qualification is having played an economist on TV, and being willing to dump whatever of his previous policy positions (free trade? TPP? gold standard? anything else?) over the side whenever his political masters demand—belongs on the Fed.

The pro-Moore pro-Cain pieces that are currently being planted are reduced to closing with "Moore and Cain would only be two of 12 FOMC votes". But Republicans—save Greg Mankiw and Ross Douthat—are in lockstep behind them. Well—almost in lockstep. Herman Cain is the stronger (not strong) candidate. Republican Senators Kevin Cramer (ND), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Cory Gardner (CO), and Mitt Romney (UT) are for Moore and against Cain.

This identity politics stuff is killing America:

Jim Bianco: The Fed Would Benefit from Stephen Moore, Herman Cain: "Policymaking positions should help determine policy, not act as a rubber stamp for the staff or Chairman. They should hold divergent views, come from different backgrounds and be ready to explain themselves. Policy makers should be given the resources to flesh out their ideas. If confirmed, Moore and Cain would only be two of 12 FOMC votes. Their unique perspectives could make the Fed a stronger institution...

(See the original for the embedded link.)

Caine is a kooky toady crank, Moore is an insane toady crank.

Cheers,
Scott.
New you ever spoken to Cain or just read about him?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New "Uzbekibekistanstan" "9-9-9"
New 9-9-9 interesting
the link is a "lets throw poo at the wall and shout that poo stinks"
9-9-9 was always a starting point to a tax overhaul.
too bad the democratic idea for a tax overhaul is tax the rich at 70% while democrats also state that anyone making over 50k a year is rich. Not much of a distinction there.

My ask was a just a curious since you live sorta near the seat of power and didnt know if you managed to bump into people inadvertently. I talked to him once to cure him of his misunderstanding about the business on the air and a couple of times in person off the cuff in the ATL area. Nice enough person off the mike. Didnt have the pizazz of a kennedy but wasn't a numbnuts like a lot of other DC folks I have bumped into over the years.
New Who cares if he's a nice guy off the mike?
What counts is the policies he'll try to pass. I don't need to meet him to know those.
--

Drew
New why not tax the rich at 70% ?
the top tax rate under Eisenhower was 90% and American businesses and rich folks didn't stop trying to better the economy then.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Thou sayest. ..thence came Prez Ronnie and ...
New give me the number that you claim as rich 50k per year? less?
New Household 450K/year
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New you sure all of the dems agree on that number?
I have heard 40-50k a year being pointed out as rich
New Where? If that's household income that's bottom half.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: you sure all of the dems agree on that number?

I have heard 40-50k a year being pointed out as rich

Not from any Democrat that I know of.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Citation needed.
     Trump Goes Beyond Cronyism—To Something Far Worse - (lincoln) - (17)
         I'm beginning to think this republic will not survive. - (mmoffitt)
         Caine was chairman of the fed reserve bank in Kansas back in the day - (boxley) - (13)
             Yup. As DeLong said, what's scary about these two is that Caine was more qualified than Moore. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 you ever spoken to Cain or just read about him? -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                     "Uzbekibekistanstan" "9-9-9" - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         9-9-9 interesting - (boxley) - (9)
                             Who cares if he's a nice guy off the mike? - (drook)
                             why not tax the rich at 70% ? - (lincoln) - (7)
                                 Thou sayest. ..thence came Prez Ronnie and ... -NT - (Ashton)
                                 give me the number that you claim as rich 50k per year? less? -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Household 450K/year -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         you sure all of the dems agree on that number? - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Where? If that's household income that's bottom half. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             Re: you sure all of the dems agree on that number? - (lincoln)
                                             Citation needed. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Thankfully it's being withdrawn - (lincoln) - (1)
             "Awwww Shucky Ducky Now" - (a6l6e6x)

When things get freaky... and get NASTY... blame it on the BOOGIE!
105 ms