IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He was biting the hand that fed him.
As Ecuador Harbored Assange, It Was Subjected to Threats and Leaks
The secrets came directly from the phones of President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador: intimate pictures of him and his family on vacation, text messages from his wife, even a photograph of the president himself in a posh bedroom, eating a lobster in bed.

The material, published last month on an anonymous website, was particularly embarrassing because Mr. Moreno was in a bruising national fight over his austerity measures. But rather than mount a defense, the president played the victim: He blamed WikiLeaks, whose founder, Julian Assange, had spent the last seven years holed up in the country’s London embassy.

WikiLeaks’ actions were “despicable,” said the country’s vice president on television, vowing to take action. The group denied leaking the information, but on Thursday Ecuador made good on its threat — opening the door to British police officers who carted away Mr. Assange.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That he was. That he was.
     Julian looks much worse for wear. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
         Im sure an ecuadorian passport isnt worth much any more -NT - (boxley)
         He had a major role in getting Trump elected. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Proof! ..that he has had a hippocampus-ectomy (thus forgot he had the operation.) - (Ashton)
             I think Clinton had a slightly larger role -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 will your CDS ever go away? -NT - (lincoln)
                 Don Jr - Assange communication - (a6l6e6x)
         I have mixed feelings. - (static) - (2)
             He was biting the hand that fed him. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 That he was. That he was. -NT - (static)
         *FLASH!! ... (Recently found in pre-WW-II Archives): - (Ashton)
         Re: Julian looks much worse for wear. - (pwhysall) - (6)
             No argument there. (OT and BTW: Have a Happy Halloween!) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             He was basically imprisoned for 7 years. - (malraux) - (4)
                 "Imprisoned" himself; nobody told him to. Doesn't count as time served, and earns him zero sympathy. -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Channeling your Inner-'Self-reliance über alles in die Welt' Martinet? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         No, just my inner arsehole. Still not half as much of one as mr Asshat. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     True, net effect is still living in a tiny room out of the sun. -NT - (malraux)

Do you know where your towel is?
45 ms