IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ouch! I am guessing you didnt have a termite contract with warranty
Unfortunately here in the south its a known hazard. The house I bought had an inspection that required two walls to be gutted, reframed and new sheet rock to be put in. First thing after moving in I bought a contract. Doesnt mean we wont get them but does mean I wont pay to have it remediated.

How far are you from Modesto CA? I know an excellent R&R person who can do such work very well and requires only parking and a small stipend to do the work.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New thanks, box
Modesto is a few hours away even when traffic is good, and in any event I had already arranged for an inspection by an Oakland firm, which took place today. The good news:

1. These are “subterranean” and not “drywood” termites, the former being much easier to isolate and destroy.

2. Structural damage thus far is negligible. Older homes (this one built of redwood 111 years ago) are harder targets than your average McMansion, stapled together with fir + walls of a sawdust/woodchip/glue composite.

3. The inspection team made no effort to “upsell” me to costly tenting: lethal solution injected along the perimeter should do the trick. We’ll see what the estimate turns out to be.

cordially,
New Glad you got some decent news. Fingers crossed.
New redwood doesnt taste that good the the little munchers
poison shouldnt be that much around here about $250 for the treatment
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     more insects behaving badly - (rcareaga) - (4)
         ouch! I am guessing you didnt have a termite contract with warranty - (boxley) - (3)
             thanks, box - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Glad you got some decent news. Fingers crossed. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 redwood doesnt taste that good the the little munchers - (boxley)

Meta-Admin Notice: You Sillies
47 ms