New Julian looks much worse for wear.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Im sure an ecuadorian passport isnt worth much any more
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New He had a major role in getting Trump elected.
He is a Russian agent!

Video

And now:

Q: "Do you still love Wikileaks?"

President Trump: "I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It’s not my thing." pic.twitter.com/tMwRTjjFmU

— CSPAN (@cspan) April 11, 2019
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Proof! ..that he has had a hippocampus-ectomy (thus forgot he had the operation.)
He's a tape-recorder.. with no take-up reel; his auto-speech controller allows him to take ANY [subject] and invent a response-of-the-moment [predicate].
I think this may be {one hopes...} a unique brain-malfunction (and that's why there's no psych. data). Surely this Needs a NAME.

Any suggestions?

1) Myocranial Infarction?
2) Chronic Unfathomable Neuronal Testiness? (makes an appropriate acronym)
3) Weaponized Incoherent Nastiness Disease/Brain Accumulates Garbage
4) Fabricate medicalese: "One's BS-detector becomes a BS-generator".
... but these aren't very good.
New I think Clinton had a slightly larger role
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New will your CDS ever go away?

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Don Jr - Assange communication
The Atlantic:
The Secret Correspondence Between Donald Trump Jr. and WikiLeaks

o o o

WikiLeaks played a pivotal role in the presidential campaign. In July 2016, on the first day of the Democratic National Convention, WikiLeaks released emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee's servers that spring. The emails showed DNC officials denigrating Bernie Sanders, renewing tensions on the eve of Clinton’s acceptance of the nomination. On October 7, less than an hour after the Washington Post released the Access Hollywood tape, in which Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, Wikileaks released emails that hackers had pilfered from the personal email account of Clinton’s campaign manager John Podesta.

On October 3, 2016, WikiLeaks wrote again. “Hiya, it’d be great if you guys could comment on/push this story,” WikiLeaks suggested, attaching a quote from then-Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton about wanting to “just drone” WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange.

“Already did that earlier today,” Trump Jr. responded an hour-and-a-half later. “It’s amazing what she can get away with.”

Two minutes later, Trump Jr. wrote again, asking, “What’s behind this Wednesday leak I keep reading about?” The day before, Roger Stone, an informal advisor to Donald Trump, had tweeted, “Wednesday@HillaryClinton is done. #WikiLeaks.”

o o o
Way more to read in the article.

Besides, you know how few votes in specific precincts it would have taken to swing the election. Yep, the 2.9 million vote lead was not well distributed.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I have mixed feelings.
For a start he is fairly widely regarded as an unpleasant person. On the other hand, it could set a horribly bad precedent on the US being able to nab someone who does something they don't like, no matter where they are in the world (though to some extent it is believed they tend to do that anyway).

Wade.
New He was biting the hand that fed him.
As Ecuador Harbored Assange, It Was Subjected to Threats and Leaks
The secrets came directly from the phones of President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador: intimate pictures of him and his family on vacation, text messages from his wife, even a photograph of the president himself in a posh bedroom, eating a lobster in bed.

The material, published last month on an anonymous website, was particularly embarrassing because Mr. Moreno was in a bruising national fight over his austerity measures. But rather than mount a defense, the president played the victim: He blamed WikiLeaks, whose founder, Julian Assange, had spent the last seven years holed up in the country’s London embassy.

WikiLeaks’ actions were “despicable,” said the country’s vice president on television, vowing to take action. The group denied leaking the information, but on Thursday Ecuador made good on its threat — opening the door to British police officers who carted away Mr. Assange.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New That he was. That he was.
New *FLASH!! ... (Recently found in pre-WW-II Archives):
Breaking News via Reuters:

Propaganda Minister Göbbels of the German Nazi Party has demanded that the U.S. of A. extradite for trial: the composer of a popular sarcastic-parody [Der Führer's Face -- by a group called "Spike Jones"] forthwith.

The Reich-#III asserts that, to make fun of a man who has only one testicle and who employs a comb-over haircut: is an unacceptable affront to the peace-loving Leader of Germany, the home of The Master Race. (And of the Stuka and lots of other weaponry). Radio Berlin is filled with stories of massed 'Junker?' large aeroplanes being fitted with additional gas tanks in a Spanish coastal city near Guernica.

The Press awaits news from Washington D.C. concerning its response. There are rumors also of a reference made in the missive [re. "a filthy-Jew named Charles Chaplin"] allegedly resident in the U.S.A., who has been requested to join Mr. Jones "for a brief interview" with The Leader of The Reich. Stay tuned to radio-KGO for updates on this growing international crisis.

Expand Edited by Ashton April 12, 2019, 05:01:02 AM EDT
New Re: Julian looks much worse for wear.
He should have gone to face the music in Sweden. But he made a much, much worse choice.
New No argument there. (OT and BTW: Have a Happy Halloween!)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New He was basically imprisoned for 7 years.
And now Sweden is considering reopening the charges, from what I've read.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New "Imprisoned" himself; nobody told him to. Doesn't count as time served, and earns him zero sympathy.
New Channeling your Inner-'Self-reliance über alles in die Welt' Martinet?
New No, just my inner arsehole. Still not half as much of one as mr Asshat.
New True, net effect is still living in a tiny room out of the sun.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Julian looks much worse for wear. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
         Im sure an ecuadorian passport isnt worth much any more -NT - (boxley)
         He had a major role in getting Trump elected. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Proof! ..that he has had a hippocampus-ectomy (thus forgot he had the operation.) - (Ashton)
             I think Clinton had a slightly larger role -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 will your CDS ever go away? -NT - (lincoln)
                 Don Jr - Assange communication - (a6l6e6x)
         I have mixed feelings. - (static) - (2)
             He was biting the hand that fed him. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 That he was. That he was. -NT - (static)
         *FLASH!! ... (Recently found in pre-WW-II Archives): - (Ashton)
         Re: Julian looks much worse for wear. - (pwhysall) - (6)
             No argument there. (OT and BTW: Have a Happy Halloween!) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             He was basically imprisoned for 7 years. - (malraux) - (4)
                 "Imprisoned" himself; nobody told him to. Doesn't count as time served, and earns him zero sympathy. -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Channeling your Inner-'Self-reliance über alles in die Welt' Martinet? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         No, just my inner arsehole. Still not half as much of one as mr Asshat. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     True, net effect is still living in a tiny room out of the sun. -NT - (malraux)

It's got cop tires, cop engine, cop suspension...
71 ms