IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Real estate weirdness
My old boss and good friend GLS died intestate three years ago today, leaving behind an Alzheimer-afflicted wife ten years his senior—she’d be ninety-three now, if she remains on this side of the sod—and it occurred to me to wonder what had become of his trim hillside home in San Francisco, purchased in 1975 and to my certain knowledge unencumbered at the time of the old guy’s death. As nearly as I can make out, it was sold, presumably by the appointed conservator, at the end of last August for $1,370,000. Forty days later it changed hands again for (wait for it)…

$17,800.

—and I’m, like, WTF?? Any worldlier characters here care to speculate what might have happened?

(Eighteen grand might get you a timeshare on a walk-in closet in one of SF’s seedier precincts—as a down payment, I mean.)

cordially mystified,
New Difference in recording dates and actual transaction dates? Dunno.
New Cost of remodeling?
TYPE ISSUE DATE EXPIRATION DATE CONTRACTOR DESCRIPTION COST
Electrical permit 03/04/2019 N/A CHL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY rewire throughout residential, upgrade (e) service to 200amp, install recessed lighting. new plugs lights, switches, for kichen 7 4 bathrooms. $0
Plumbing permit 03/04/2019 N/A CHL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY installation of two flue pipes for funaces and one for fire place N/A
Plumbing permit 03/04/2019 N/A CHL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY gr fl remodel: 2 full baths, laundry, gas. gr fl water heater in garage. 2nd fl complete remodel of kitchen, 2 full baths. new gas. underground N/A
Building permit 12/26/2018 N/A N/A gr fl remodel 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room, new int stair. laundry, gas, furnace, service gr fl water heater in garage. infill 7 frt to rear yard under 2nd fl. 2nd fl complete remodel kitchen, 2 full baths, rebuild int stairs to gr fl. add skylights and change all windows with new. new gas $70,000

(Copy/paste of HTML table :-/ )
New someone got a nice loss on their taxes
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Real estate weirdness - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Difference in recording dates and actual transaction dates? Dunno. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Cost of remodeling? - (scoenye)
         someone got a nice loss on their taxes -NT - (boxley)

Laugh it up, fuzzball.
80 ms