IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm very happy with the Soyo Dragon+
Built-in ethernet and sound. Works fine with a 1.6GHz AthlonXP.

$129 at [link|http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=22&manufactory=1454&DEPA=1|newegg.com].

If you don't have DDR, I have had good luck with an ABIT KT7A (non-RAID). It's $67 at newegg.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: I'm very happy with the Soyo Dragon+
I have 256 MB of 100 Mhz SDRAM, but I might go ahead and replace that while I'm at it. I think I can stick that memory in my old P3, so it shouldn't go to waste.

I'm thinking about grabbing one of the new boards based on the VIA KT333 chipset. Buy a top notch board with 512 MB or 1 GB of Ram and recycle the rest of my componets. I've got top notch sound and video cards and the rest of the components are good enough. Go ahead and use the 1.1 Ghz Athlon until I need a speed upgrade and then jump on whatever is resonable then.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP, I've had good experience with Gigabyte, the GA-7VRXP looks to be very stable and the Soyo SY-KT333 is a good $50 dollars more expensive because of all the extras Soya threw in the package. Have to see what the real price difference is at the selling point.

Jay
     Sigh - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
         I'm very happy with the Soyo Dragon+ - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Re: I'm very happy with the Soyo Dragon+ - (JayMehaffey)
         Asus A7V266 (vanilla flavor) works for me. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Asus A7V* - (folkert) - (6)
                 That was only part of the problem. - (static) - (5)
                     A good thing about Asus is their support for - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         How I noticed: - (static) - (3)
                             The old rule - "If it's not broke, don't fix it!" apparently - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 But RTFM or (more correctly) RTBW does. :-) -NT - (static)
                                 But it does, it does... - (inthane-chan)

I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon.
61 ms