IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exactly the problem, no one knows
Well that's not true. Lots of people know, but they aren't all measuring the same stuff the same way.
--

Drew
New NY Times article...
NY Times: CBD Is Getting Buzz, but Does It Work? And Is It Legal?
CBD Is Getting Buzz, but Does It Work? And Is It Legal?

By The Associated Press

April 2, 2019

With CBD showing up everywhere, U.S. regulators announced Tuesday they are exploring ways the marijuana extract could be used legally in foods, dietary supplements and cosmetics.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it will hold a public hearing May 31 to gather more information on the science, manufacturing and sale of cannabis compounds such as CBD.

In the meantime, it issued more warning letters to companies for making unapproved health claims about CBD products.

Products containing CBD are already in stores and sold online, so it's easy to believe there must be something special about the ingredient. But the claims are largely unproven and quality control standards don't exist.

A look at what we know as U.S. regulators work out what will and won't be allowed:

WHAT IS CBD?

CBD is one of more than 100 compounds found in marijuana. It's extracted using alcohol or carbon dioxide in factories. It's added to oils, mixed into creams and lotions and sold in candies and liquid drops.

Widely sold online, CBD now is going mainstream with major retailers offering salves and balms for the skin. Prices range from $12 to $150 an ounce at high-end shops.

CBD often comes from a cannabis plant known as hemp, which is defined by the U.S. government as having less than 0.3% THC. That's important because THC is what causes marijuana's mind-altering effect.

CBD doesn't get people high, although it may be calming. Keep in mind some CBD products may contain THC, whether or not the label says so.

People drug tested for work, addiction programs or because they take prescription opioids should take note: CBD products have caused people to fail urine drug screens.
Editors’ Picks
No, Your Instagram ‘Influence’ Is Not as Good as Cash, Club Owner Says
Whole Foods Cut Prices. It Saved Us 5 Cents.
Does the Air Fryer Deliver on Its Golden Promise?

IS IT A MIRACLE CURE?

If you believe the hype, CBD treats pain, relieves anxiety and both helps you sleep and keeps you focused.

Most claims are based on studies in rats, mice or in test tubes. Some human research has been done, but in small numbers of people.

One exception: For two rare seizure disorders, the evidence for CBD was strong enough to convince the FDA to approve GW Pharmaceutical's drug Epidiolex, which contains a purified form.

I'd say it can't hurt to try.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     cbd oil useful or snake oil? Anyone have 1st hand experience? - (boxley) - (11)
         Never had it alone, so strictly 2nd hand, but.. - (crazy) - (6)
             I never say anything about anything at work, Im a bosshole cant give leverage -NT - (boxley)
             Biggest problem is no standards/testing - (drook) - (4)
                 its getting better apparently - (boxley) - (3)
                     Exactly the problem, no one knows - (drook) - (1)
                         NY Times article... - (a6l6e6x)
                     Yeah, way low - (crazy)
         Re: cbd oil useful or snake oil? Anyone have 1st hand experience? - (rcareaga) - (3)
             if I was retired I probably would -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Another reason not to live in Fritters AL -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     nope us goobers live in Mississippi and work at NASA -NT - (boxley)

I'll let that picture pass...
94 ms