IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "I'm with >YOU<" saith the P.M. in Blighty: a classic Populist-grade dog-whistle
(As pointed out by Amanpour, with a historian.. who filled in the blanks: in agreement.)
SO just WHO?/underneath IS this P.M. ?? (and WHY in sane-old-Blighty has no one said ~~

LOOK! ... we ALL have had 2.5 YEARS of oft-bollocks exchanges amongst ALL SIDES; the bloody plebiscite 'won' via 2-fucking-percent (a Victory only to Orange-people).
LET's SEE What has transpired amidst the jelloware of vox populi SINCE--now with benefit of hearing all those bollocks and seeing that so few actually made
any intellectual, emotional or £££ Sense.

Over & Out to Peter who gots to Live in the aftermath
(while OUR Clusterfuck just went from eternal-simmer on to par-boil) OR:
the most absurd dowsing-with-Godly-Repo-Water ..evah before seen, even in the comics.

Carrion; {{sigh}} we Know the remedy for any Incorrigible Species (Knowing what That Is: ought to be taught from cradle --> grave).
Oh.. Wait! ..the species is unhinged by personal-Certainty.
Thus, as we say in music, DA CAPO--^go back to square one^:
the too-many ARE unteachable.
Expand Edited by Ashton March 24, 2019, 03:59:06 PM EDT
New It's incredible
The antics of the political class - and I include the Government and Her Majesty's Opposition in this - are a wonder to behold.

You have never seen such a craven display of naked self-interest. It's beyond Trumpian. He, at least, isn't formally committed to doing something that has a non-zero chance of burning the American economy to the ground.

The knives are out for May, though. If she's still in the job on Friday, I will be surprised. What's worse, though, is that Corbyn is safe. He is unelectable - in the face of the worst campaign by the worst government of any flavour in living memory, he managed to achieve a Conservative government, but now with added DUP.

Labour needs to put Keir Starmer in the top job, consigning Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott to the back benches - but this will not happen, because the Labour Party (not the PLP) is content to have massive principles and not have any way of implementing them. Labour wants to believe that the Overton window has shifted leftwards in UK politics, and maybe it has - but we are a centrist country. Blair understood that, and along with a competent front bench, won three elections on the bounce.

tl;dr: we're fucked because the Conservatives are shit and Labour are also shit.
New Ultimately, the parties pick their leaders.
The party members need to stand up and do what's right, pick sensible (electable) leadership, and get on with creating sensible policies.

It's not all on May and Corbyn (and I know you're not saying it is).

Easier said than done, I know...

Here's hoping that the UK steps back from the brink, and the USA gets on with the process of getting the criminals out of the White House, this week.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Scott.
New DUP.. Ahh, Mr Paisley's lengthy tenure IIRC.
Could this be the Time for ummm, Old tea in new cups?

Overall though: moi sends along ---> condolences.

Shall light this evening: the --rarely burnt until last three years-- Save Us From Ourselves!! *candle
(recently upgraded to black-background with a small spiral of day-glo-Orange (for all obvious reasons)).

* it sits on an ebonite base flecked with some blood-red blobs, protruding ~~akin to that thick aftermath
of the usual kind of throat-slashing ... for verisimilitude, natch ;^>
New Re: DUP.. Ahh, Mr Paisley's lengthy tenure IIRC.
The DUP are anachronistic arseholes.

To quote the er of Twitt:

If you're wondering who the DUP are. Their manifesto is basically The Old Testament Bible with fortnightly bin collections.

https://twitter.com/londonlass666/status/873185900192305153

OH HAI ARLENE IS THAT YOU

More bent than a three-pound note.
     "I'm with >YOU<" saith the P.M. in Blighty: a classic Populist-grade dog-whistle - (Ashton) - (4)
         It's incredible - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Ultimately, the parties pick their leaders. - (Another Scott)
             DUP.. Ahh, Mr Paisley's lengthy tenure IIRC. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: DUP.. Ahh, Mr Paisley's lengthy tenure IIRC. - (pwhysall)

Mmmmm. Bacteria injections.
74 ms