Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Feeling a little whip-sawed.
So, is anecdotal evidence bad or good?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I already refuted your anecdotal evidence.
Your statement that these disparate groups of professionals have all concluded the same thing because of their biases doesn't isn't a compelling argument.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this point. I ain't got a cat in the fight over whether video gaming is "good" for young people or not, so I rely upon studies. You don't. Fair enough. I was merely speculating on why we could never reach agreement on this topic. None so blind ... and all that.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Not disagreeing with the studies.
I'm disagreeing with your interpretation of their applicability.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Somebody, please. PLEASE turn the lights out already! - (mmoffitt) - (21)
         It's a physical skill. Smaller motion scale, but nonetheless. - (malraux) - (20)
             And disaffected couch potatoes. $DEITY knows we need more of them. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                 How do you know they're either of those things? - (pwhysall) - (18)
                     I don't play video games. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                         You should look at the kids who play e-sports - (pwhysall) - (16)
                             This. - (malraux) - (7)
                                 Anecdotal evidence != proof. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                     What I see there: - (malraux) - (5)
                                         It's highly subjective. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                             Feeling a little whip-sawed. - (malraux) - (2)
                                                 I already refuted your anecdotal evidence. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Not disagreeing with the studies. - (malraux)
                                             beats digging ditches by far I have done heavy manual labor, happy to drool in front of a lapper -NT - (boxley)
                             Never >mind< the avoirdupois angle: - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 Unlike football, wrestling and boxing, which teach kindness and gentleness? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                     ..but lethality isn't their er, raison d'etre, right? (not to mention their bonus: free exercise.) -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I played football in 5th and 6th grade - (drook) - (1)
                                             I stand corrected: that is indeed the v-SUB-v Message of the game. Mea culpa: (also to the Coaches) - (Ashton)
                                 They know it's not real - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     As with anything - (malraux) - (1)
                                         Clockwork Orange, prison reading program ... QED -NT - (drook)

Who?
148 ms