IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not at all. I'm mocking the thought that a beginner should buy a $7000 guitar.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Okay.
At least I didn't suggest this one. ;0)

OTOH, I'm not a real guitar player, but I am a real banjo player and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I cannot get my first banjo (a gift from my parents when I was 12) to ever sound like my Gibson Pre-War TB11 conversion. There is something to be said for not starting out on what we used to call "department store instruments" imo. For one thing, a quality instrument is a lot easier to fret and will make anyone sound better. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New True, but as I said these are good quality reproductions.
Made by the same people who make the name brand instruments.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New No argument.
I also have one of these and I must say it is a very fine instrument, despite it's being made 60 years after my Gibson. ;0)

There are very high quality banjos being made today. Even the relatively inexpensive Deering GoodTime resonator banjos (around $900.00 the last I looked) I've heard have really good tone. This is a *very* hot discussion/argument in banjo circles. Are the new Stellings, Huber's, Prucha's, Cox's, Sullivan's, etc. as "good" as the Pre-War Gibson's? My real opinion is play it, if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
bcnu,
Mikem

New $45K for a trigger's broom acoustic?
OK, I absolutely do not understand the high end vintage acoustic guitar market.
New No worries. You'll develop taste some time. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New Not unless I develop a talent for acoustic death folk metal...
New ok I see your point
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     I gone and done it - (pwhysall) - (22)
         Couldn't justify any more photo kit, huh? - (drook)
         For acoustic... - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Nah, not my cuppa - (pwhysall)
             LOL - (malraux) - (10)
                 You mock Martin guitars? Toddler. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Not at all. I'm mocking the thought that a beginner should buy a $7000 guitar. -NT - (malraux) - (7)
                         Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             True, but as I said these are good quality reproductions. - (malraux) - (1)
                                 No argument. - (mmoffitt)
                             $45K for a trigger's broom acoustic? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 No worries. You'll develop taste some time. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Not unless I develop a talent for acoustic death folk metal... -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         ok I see your point - (boxley)
                 laying around my shack, electric guitar and base, violin some flutes - (boxley)
         I did that last year - (malraux)
         I bought a copy of Rocksmith some years ago. - (static)
         Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Re: Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Glad to hear you're still at it! - (mmoffitt)
                 So, you can't make up your mind on which? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     You misunderstand - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Indeed. You've only just started (said the man with 4 banjos). ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

I don't even see the point of having sound on this.
114 ms