IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For acoustic...
You can't go wrong with a Martin D-28.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Nah, not my cuppa
And at that price, it needs to play itself.
New LOL
Or if you're learning and just trying to figure out if you can even play the thing and don't want to pay a price literally 2 orders of magnitude bigger, this is a decent starter guitar:

https://www.rondomusic.com/cl150cvtrds.html

This company apparently sells a lot of replicas from companies that build the big names. Very good quality, very good prices, unknown names.

I had mine checked out by someone who plays real guitar extremely well. He was quite impressed with the quality.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux March 18, 2019, 12:18:13 PM EDT
New You mock Martin guitars? Toddler.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Not at all. I'm mocking the thought that a beginner should buy a $7000 guitar.
Regards,
-scott
New Okay.
At least I didn't suggest this one. ;0)

OTOH, I'm not a real guitar player, but I am a real banjo player and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I cannot get my first banjo (a gift from my parents when I was 12) to ever sound like my Gibson Pre-War TB11 conversion. There is something to be said for not starting out on what we used to call "department store instruments" imo. For one thing, a quality instrument is a lot easier to fret and will make anyone sound better. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New True, but as I said these are good quality reproductions.
Made by the same people who make the name brand instruments.
Regards,
-scott
New No argument.
I also have one of these and I must say it is a very fine instrument, despite it's being made 60 years after my Gibson. ;0)

There are very high quality banjos being made today. Even the relatively inexpensive Deering GoodTime resonator banjos (around $900.00 the last I looked) I've heard have really good tone. This is a *very* hot discussion/argument in banjo circles. Are the new Stellings, Huber's, Prucha's, Cox's, Sullivan's, etc. as "good" as the Pre-War Gibson's? My real opinion is play it, if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
bcnu,
Mikem

New $45K for a trigger's broom acoustic?
OK, I absolutely do not understand the high end vintage acoustic guitar market.
New No worries. You'll develop taste some time. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New Not unless I develop a talent for acoustic death folk metal...
New ok I see your point
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New laying around my shack, electric guitar and base, violin some flutes
had to give up the drum kit when all my kids moved back in, should have let the kids go and kept the drums
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     I gone and done it - (pwhysall) - (22)
         Couldn't justify any more photo kit, huh? - (drook)
         For acoustic... - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Nah, not my cuppa - (pwhysall)
             LOL - (malraux) - (10)
                 You mock Martin guitars? Toddler. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Not at all. I'm mocking the thought that a beginner should buy a $7000 guitar. -NT - (malraux) - (7)
                         Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             True, but as I said these are good quality reproductions. - (malraux) - (1)
                                 No argument. - (mmoffitt)
                             $45K for a trigger's broom acoustic? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 No worries. You'll develop taste some time. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Not unless I develop a talent for acoustic death folk metal... -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         ok I see your point - (boxley)
                 laying around my shack, electric guitar and base, violin some flutes - (boxley)
         I did that last year - (malraux)
         I bought a copy of Rocksmith some years ago. - (static)
         Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Re: Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Glad to hear you're still at it! - (mmoffitt)
                 So, you can't make up your mind on which? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     You misunderstand - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Indeed. You've only just started (said the man with 4 banjos). ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Ahead two thirds!
127 ms