IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just now, too: AXIOS gives a 'cubic-closest-packing'/incisive Summary of the 'issues' (an hour ago)
Axios plus several al punte links.
(Sure beats looking for original-Gems within the litany of "replies" to each new pronouncement!)

It seems though--already--that, the Special Drumpf-infected DEAL via which this *NEW* model made a lateral arabesque around ALL the usual training/Simulator preludes to airworthiness-Cert of ANY NEW MODEL, via the transparently-iffy rubric, "we just made a few improvements": shall become the root basis for $$$n-B successful suits, assuredly already in Legal prep ... worldwide.

Secondarily: the blithe PRESUMPTION that "pilots don't NEED TO KNOW (even that this fly-by-wire feature exists)", added to such facts as: the dis-U.S. FAA, run like all the other directorates by a TEMP-employee and for the obvious reason that EVERY slot (of the few even-yet 'filled' by Drumpf): is either manifestly incompetent or actively-biased via ties to the industry-to-be regulated:

Just might get the political-aspect finally MADE CLEAR via the 300+ dead-normal-ordinary People: all resulting from the end-run around sanity: of this ludicrous Drumpf-like deal given. Boeing (er, The Art of the Deal writ large? again.)

Natch my Hope is: that this random confluence of events can only intensify the Spotlight on--just how destructively-MUCH the Orange rasPutin has damaged the entire 'Murican position worldwide--and down to local 'school boards' options, etc. etc. A fitting memorial to those needlessly-dead might just be: that their sacrifice could prove to have been one of those tipping-point things of such consequence as: accelerating even planetary matters towards ---> sanity... (surely the 'Real' 'Muricn Dream--if the perps could actually cogitate at all?)

Fingers crossed ..it's a veritable long-shot re that hymn, Sleepers Awake! innit?
(This is becoming fascinating re the What-If?s generated so early-on), ergo the Possibilities -->
New Won't matter
It wasn't "300+ dead-normal-ordinary People" that died. It was 300+ brown people. Totally different thing.
--

Drew
New not really drumpf's fault he was not president in 2011
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Regulation is only part of the FAA's mandate.
It also includes "Encouraging and developing civil aeronautics, including new aviation technology." These two things are often in conflict.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     IT.-related [Boeing]: re s/ware bug + bad pointer veils actual cause + Addendum "How To Run 2.5 yrs: - (Ashton) - (43)
         Unrolled Trevor Sumner thread. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Just now, too: AXIOS gives a 'cubic-closest-packing'/incisive Summary of the 'issues' (an hour ago) - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Won't matter - (drook)
                 not really drumpf's fault he was not president in 2011 - (boxley)
                 Regulation is only part of the FAA's mandate. - (mmoffitt)
             Re: On LionAir, pilots were never even told about the MCAS - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 You posted a pic of that module.. which prompted moi to stare at it for some. time. - (Ashton)
         NewYorker article gets it right re. techno and the legal investigation(s) in transit - (Ashton) - (1)
             But "Bidness is SO much better at *EVERYTHING* than Government Bureacrats", no? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         They fought MCAS "more than two dozen times" and it never occurred to them to turn it off? - (mmoffitt) - (27)
             I don't follow that conclusion. - (malraux) - (26)
                 Read the FARs. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                     Every plane ever made is 100% tech -NT - (drook) - (3)
                         Also: vaccines for preventable childhood diseases that are otherwise miserably fatal - (pwhysall)
                         Should have been more clear: Information Technology (i.e. computers and software) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Which are used to design all of these wonders of the modern age. -NT - (malraux)
                     Meh. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         "Airline mechanics tried four times since Oct. 26" says it all: how Know they had Fixed it, then? - (Ashton)
                         It is definitely not a "cop out". Them's the rules and every pilot knows it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                             Somehow I don't think that the pilots are going to get the lion's share of the blame in these cases. -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                 heh. You don't know the FAA. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                     Reuters today. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                         I'll make you a bet. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                             Naah. We'll see. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             ..think that: *THIS* time, there's been far too much Ink properly flung - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 The FAA's mission is schizophrenic. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                     So promotion is the goal, safety is a tactic -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                                         Yes, of course, Polly. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                         ..as Murican as cyanide-laced *Apple Pie, innit? - (Ashton)
                                             More from Reuters. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Um, yeah, it kinda was. - (mmoffitt)
                     ? - (malraux) - (4)
                         Did I even mention "root cause"? No. I did not. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             so how do you feel about self driving tractor trailers? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Have those all you want. After I'm dead. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Then be more clear with what you're saying. - (malraux)
                 This logic is impeccable. Or I ain't got no cuth at all. Thanks for Beautiful concision! - (Ashton)
         More more from Reuters - (Another Scott) - (5)
             If this turns out to be true... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Boeing has taken responsibility for both crashes now - (malraux) - (3)
                     BS - (crazy) - (2)
                         That's the part I don't get - (drook)
                         Yeah... - (Another Scott)

drook is not your Guinea pig.
70 ms