IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks, Peter ... and ... you flew in an *A380* ?!?
for the good reminder (see most all of Ansel A's work) that..the heat, the sounds, the smells, the feeling of the ground under your feet ..are likely the ingredients of the Great pix in museums. It's just that such nuance demands virtuoso wet-ware calcs ever to achieve (I wot.)

Ya gots the cuth, the gear and the wetware and just maybe one or n- of your opera (that lovely plural of opus.. heh) shall grace the wall of an imposing Knowledge-cathedral.
While yer still perambulating!

A380 via Wikipedia:
The full-length double-deck aircraft has a typical seating capacity of 525, though it is certified for up to 853 passengers. ...

(My own first take on that monster when announced, was immediate):

Imagine ... ... shit-hits-fan.
What is the sound of [525-853] spam-in-a-can ... shrieking!!! individually in unison?
Would Ohhh...hhh...SHIT!! prevail?
I mean, bet the the cockpit-VR would pick that up through closed door [??]

In my case: I figure that flying around on Bernoulli's Principles in a fucking -AUDITORIUM is just sooo.. Tempting to Cosmic-humor's funny-bone that
I go with War Games WOPR-machine's soliloquy:
The only way to win this game is not to play at all.

Yer a Braver (..or Nuttier) guy than moi, mon frère, flying-by-UNDISCONNECTABLE-wire. (Talk to Mike, eh?)
Collapse Edited by Ashton March 12, 2019, 06:32:54 PM EDT
Thanks, Peter ... and
for the good reminder (see most all of Ansel A's work) that..the heat, the sounds, the smells, the feeling of the ground under your feet ..are likely the ingredients of the Great pix in museums. It's just that such nuance demands virtuoso wet-ware calcs ever to achieve (I wot.)

Ya gots the cuth, the gear and the wetware and just maybe one or n- of your opera (that lovely plural of opus.. heh) shall grace the wall of an imposing Knowledge-cathedral.
While yer still perambulating!
New Yeah.
Because I'm not actually hysterical about flying - it's the safest (if probably the most annoying) way to travel.

I specifically don't get all panty-waisted about the Airbus planes being mostly FBW, because mechanical systems aren't a magical panacea, and also break.

Fun fact: no A380 has ever been involved in a fatal accident.

Fun fact 2: most air accidents are due to pilot error.
Expand Edited by pwhysall March 13, 2019, 03:20:17 AM EDT
New Nit. s/mostly FBW/exclusively FBW.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     what a beautiful pic - (boxley) - (5)
         Agreed, spectacular scenery, but.. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Not much - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Thanks, Peter ... and ... you flew in an *A380* ?!? - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Yeah. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Nit. s/mostly FBW/exclusively FBW. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Everyone is terrible and the world is burning.
73 ms