IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New San Diego is pretty nice
Here for a week on business. Flew into LAX Saturday night (multiple connecting flights for business money-saving reasons, bleh) and that was a bit shit due to it being really, really fucking busy at immigration.

But SD itself is a delight. I was with a colleague and after a lazy start we went to Balboa Park and the zoo, which was pretty cool.

Couple of nice spots: Lucky's Lunch Counter for a traditional American breakfast, Brooklyn Bagel Company for tasty, tasty bagels and excellent coffee, Volcano Rabbit for decent burritos, The Blind Burro for more Mexican food, and The Godfather up in Kearny Mesa for traditional Italian fare. ETA The Half Door Brewing Company for a nice if pricy range of craft beers.

SD seems way more laid back than the right coast. The drivers aren't even terrible!

The second part of the week sees us down at Imperial Beach. It's a bit like home but in SoCal and a little bit posher. But not much. Still, the hotel is right on the beach, and the room has a balcony and a seaview. It's raining right now which is a bit crap, but I don't care. Sea view!

Aside: Why does anyone buy those expensive Keurig machines? The coffee they make is dogshit.
Expand Edited by pwhysall March 6, 2019, 08:28:03 PM EST
Expand Edited by pwhysall March 6, 2019, 08:30:08 PM EST
New Welcome back to the shining city on the hill.
Sorry about the rain. :-(

Have a great time out there.

(No idea about the coffee - I don't drink the stuff.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Keurig machines
I think it's a Yuppie thing - I've never even seen one myself.

Real coffee is made in a Chemex. I prefer the largest of the all glass models, with unbleached filters.
New i use similar except mine has a everuse filter
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Blech! Coffee? Who drinks coffee? Twinings Earl Grey, English Breakfast or Lady Grey.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Oolong for me
--

Drew
     San Diego is pretty nice - (pwhysall) - (5)
         Welcome back to the shining city on the hill. - (Another Scott)
         Keurig machines - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             i use similar except mine has a everuse filter - (boxley)
             Blech! Coffee? Who drinks coffee? Twinings Earl Grey, English Breakfast or Lady Grey. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Oolong for me -NT - (drook)

Batches? BATCHES?? We don't need no steenkin' batches!
42 ms