IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's like blackface, except instead of poor black people it's poor white people... Call it beardface
And they get it wrong, too. Appalachia is not the South. Hillbillies aren't the same as rednecks.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Feb. 25, 2019, 09:36:59 AM EST
New Interesting
There isn't an analogue over here, hence my seeking of nollij.

No-one would ever set up a restaurant based on the peasant food of the West Midlands, for example, because that already exists and it's Mahmood's Shawarma Kebab House.

I guess we just don't have the requisite degree of geographical separation - sleepy Rural Britain is only 20 minutes in the car from throbbing Urban Britain, for the most part.
New You could fit all of Great Britain comfortably in Appalachia
https://mapfight.appspot.com/england-vs-appalachian/england-appalachian-mountain-range-size-comparison

I once visited friends in West-by-God-Virginia who lived 45 minutes from the nearest corner store, and they didn't consider themselves to be all that rural. There's people who live down in the holler who may not see anyone who isn't related for months at a time.

"Insular" is something beyond a way of life. And a kind of poverty most people don't want to imagine can exist in the so-called first world.

And Brooklyn hipsters are using it for their theme restaurant.
--

Drew
New Got 'root'? (-description)
Sterling tin-plate deflection simply illustrates common bizness-greed; the food/environmental details do a lateral arabesque around this fact: the fare is so manifestly overpriced. It would be an ordinary greasy-spoon dump, were it priced according to low food cost [and uncaring/inept quality of (also underpaid) preparation staff]. It's just another mistrake.. in the [gawd I hate that word] framing as-if t'were some sort of 'Review?' (the proper word when matters are portrayed ~honestly). HTH?

{sigh}. tl;dr then, It's not just corrupt [pols, polls, "justice systems", POLS, fucking-entrepreneurs.cha.cha.cha, car-dealers (pronounced '-stealers' over here]. I guess that "planet-wide majorities" throughout the species are now as corrupt ..as in all those magnificent portrayals of St. Terry Pratchett.
Is it really any Wonder? ... that planet-wide now: some huge slice of the homo-saps are pig-ignorant of the idea, "Nazi-think" (because they ain 't got ..no historical sense of their First-run over There in Yurop ..nor any desire to fill-in that blank); No Gumption (would have to look up the slang, even).

Yep, I'm Selling Short on "our" chances to address any of the lethalities beckoning broadly --> towards us lemmings. I've been seeing--not just sorta lookin-at en passant--this Play of, by, for Thuh Peepul ... over too many consecutive rePlays to doubt what I've fuckin-Seen, y'Know?
..and all the rest be just Tawk, innitr?

Sincere condolences to all which made theyselves some little-Childruns, a matter not to be dwelt on very often if ya don't wanna claw out yer eyes. All this crap: illustrated nicely in the above near-Chaucerian Tale, A k-night There Was and that a werethy man.. ... (Thanks, Blighty for the Bard! too.)
     So y'all can school me on this - (pwhysall) - (7)
         It's like blackface, except instead of poor black people it's poor white people... Call it beardface - (drook) - (3)
             Interesting - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 You could fit all of Great Britain comfortably in Appalachia - (drook)
                 Got 'root'? (-description) - (Ashton)
         appalachians are decendents of poor scots, geordies cornishmen and irish - (boxley)
         Linguistic observation - (CRConrad) - (1)
             good catch, except for the wine and the road kill very similar -NT - (boxley)

There’s nothing we like more than appearing to be open minded.
79 ms