Having lived with its unexpectedly (!) comfortable--but simply accomplished in the clever engineering--SEATS, the odd way of the shifter = big-knob etc. was overcome in about ... 5 minutes? And its reliability, a necessity for that demographic: nonpareil. It looked lovelier every day..

Simply, I Wish I had that one back, right now! alas a willing buyer of the crunched sheetmetal bought it, within days..
Now a likely hi-mileage one, looking not to have been beaten to death ... makes it a f-ing Collector car cha. cha. cha. :-/

But Yeah, I'd almost.. consider the Jag, fully endorsing Peter's justly acerbic view of 'Murican ideas of 'Losers'--especially about this example--but the prospect of Lucas? electrics [The Queen of Darkness was the UK-diss of that mfg.]--and "electronics" ... remains scary. Now if I could snare a creampuff for $4K under 150K miles .... VROOOM in-the-bag. (Some Acura Plutocrats have >300K miles uneventfully, last I heard..)

Carz! ... cant live with them, can't .... PITA
(Recall reading in past n-weeks about the costs of one ultra-transistorized) Kia? Hyundai? model, wherein the design-bobos put damn near all of the AI-toys just behind the bumper [sensors-yes, but not the expen$ive shit], you idiots.. IIRC it was ~$22,000 (yes, all those zeroes) for a modest front-end crunch. Insanity writ Hyarge.

Gotta replace the Acura Plutocrat though; its kevlar belt, rated for '7-years routine be-safe replacement' is going-on 17 years, (but well under the mere mileage limit) ..so I keep the revs well below red-line, accordingly; it is amongst the many 'interference engines' (valves + pistons remix) .. when it breaks, maybe even at idle. {sigh}