IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Uh-oh
Haven’t had time to investigate, and am about to go dark, internet-wise, for the remainder of the month, but just before I retired last night, there occurred something that may have been Mudbrick Systems yanking my chain at last, some seventeen months after I acquired this here cheesegrater with an apparently free range copy of their “Fanciful Fog” suite of applications.

apprehensively,

Edit: I quit out of all the FF apps and relaunched Mudbrick Scribbler. The sleeve-tugging did not recur.

I’ve sometimes wondered whether the machine’s previous owner—there’s some evidence that this was a British cheesegrater in a former life—neglected to decommission these programs on this platform but has continued to subscribe on a newer unit, and that my free ride will last only as long as he continues to pay for it. Certainly last night was the first indication I’ve had that Mudbrick’s radar might have detected me.
Expand Edited by rcareaga Feb. 21, 2019, 09:35:14 AM EST
New Good luck!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New This reminds of my (car) kevlar-belt (running the valve train)
Recommended Time-span: 7 years (+ mileage limits, not a factor). It's going on 17 years now ... because of cost of the R&R plus a number of other items whose total would be unwise to shell out for ... it's one day at a time, just like your rent-a-pixel.

In a way it's sorta fun: adding up the totals Not-spent==precisely anti- all sane maintenance logistics; might I beat the Statistics Goddess? or suffer Karma?? Luck with your variant.
New when a piston slams thru the head you may have wished you replaced it
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New ..well Aware of F=MA thankyouverymuch
I am playing the odds, given [TMI..] reasons why this now 'beater', were all its now iffy parts $totted-^up^ would not justify the $800+ for JUST that {weakest-link in the chain.} Remember/math the [n!] n-factorial thing? The fun here is that nearly a dozen things, over.. time.. are pending; n! is tl;dr on all that.

SO shall enjoy the game, as mentioned ... /me gets a Free ride from the Stats? or ..Not.
After warranty, damn near any car is capable of $$-death via some cockamamie inner self-destruct;
(we just don't want to Think about that when cruising the swervery at Mach 0.2) :-þ
     Uh-oh - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Good luck! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         This reminds of my (car) kevlar-belt (running the valve train) - (Ashton) - (2)
             when a piston slams thru the head you may have wished you replaced it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 ..well Aware of F=MA thankyouverymuch - (Ashton)

If you realize that this is the result of 35 years of continuous development across a wide range of compute platforms, there's a certain sense to it. It's internally consistent with its development history. Not that it doesn't suck.
45 ms