IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, all the millions who have health care now are "dead from the neck up". Yeah... :-/
New and all of those who had decent healthcare dont with extremely high deductables at 3 times the cost
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Thou sayest ... truly (!)
Depending on age, life experience ... it's as big as a Corporate scan can be: look who's running it: Bizness/all etics free as usual.

BASIS: "Health care" as a fucking FOR-PROFIT-bizness Bizness ... really does say it All. And Muricans have been under *that* thrall for so long: most think it's inevitable.
Start with paying Medicos-at-the top of the $$-pyramid a bloody Salary; 'fee-for-service' is the mint via which they get their 3 yo Porsches traded-in ... every 3 years (or is it 2 now?)

Pshaw: everyone is their Mark cf. the $60 aspirin..
New Yeah, those 28 million who didn't get healthcare coverage don't count anyway. Right?
28.1 million uninsured was an historic low for this cesspool of a nation.

https://www.census.gov/library/publications/2017/demo/p60-260.html

But, wait! Let me anticipate your response: "Yabut that's better than it had been and that's the best we can do." Right?

You know what really bothers me about the kind of crap that, most recently, Klobachar spews? Crap like, "If I could wave a magic wand and make college free I'd love to do that, but we can't afford it" and "How is Bernie going to pay for Universal Healthcare? We simply can't afford it"? With respect to tuition free college - WE HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT FFS! In 1977 if you were a California resident you paid *no tuition* at all. I know because I was a freshman in the Fall of 1977. We must have been doing exceedingly well at the time then, right? Ever heard of the OPEC oil embargo? Care to guess what that did to the economy? And somehow, we were still able to "afford" tuition-free college.

If you read the article I posted about the fight to get Medicare, you'll recognize the arguments the private health insurance corporations made back then as it was considered. You'll also recognize those same arguments from the 1990's. If we, as Americans, are decent enough people to be firm in our conviction that no one should lose their home if a family member falls ill (and whether we, on the whole, are those sorts of people is an argument in and of itself), a successful effort for MFA will have to at least begin from the ground up. And please don't let's forget that Medicare was already a compromise with private health insurers.

This will be even harder than past battles, though, because here we're talking about replacing private, for-profit insurance with public, non-profit insurance instead of covering the folks that private, for-profit corporations won't.

Americans' antipathy for the common good and reverence for greed, I will grant, may make such an effort impossible here. But don't expect me to laud that or call any half-assed attempt to pretend to be decent (read: PPACA) "good."

One last thing. I don't recall anyone saying, "BUT! BUT! BUT! HOW ARE WE GOING TO PAY FOR IT?!!?!!ONE" when JFK made this speech. But, we were different people then. No three people in the US owned more wealth than the bottom 50 per cent. In other words, our true values were not as blatantly on display then.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That purity pony has been rode hard and put up wet
But, wait! Let me anticipate your response: "Yabut that's better than it had been and that's the best we can do." Right?

Can I take a different guess at his response?

"Yabut that's better than it had been." Full stop.
--

Drew
New Sure. Quit. That's better. Aspiration is overrated.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Who said quit?
I just figured it out. People always assume other people think the same way they do. Whenever someone suggests taking a partial victory you accuse them of giving up, that they don't want any more. It's you who wants to give up.

You want one perfect solution for every problem. Just do the Right ThingTM once and for all then live in harmony forever. That's not how the world works. There's always the next step. Sometimes things just fall apart, sometimes people break them on purpose. But you keep fixing it anyway.

Civilization isn't like solving a puzzle, it's like doing the dishes. You can do them the best way possible, and tomorrow you have to do them again.
--

Drew
New +1. Thanks.
New I don't assume people think the way I do.
I even have a word for people who don't. Wrong. :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New LRPD has a wrinkle on this..
No matter what I accomplish in this life, nobody's going to sculpt my head in thermoplastic resin and make it spit water into the bedrooms of sick children.

See, every time I come to a conclusion about kerfluffle-A, then Time-X later it appears that I got it right, I figure that 'they'
..should rename The Socratic Method with ..The Brownian-motions Method. {{sigh}}
     Hey Rand, Is it okay for me to vote for Bernie again? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (28)
         Why would you want to do that?? -NT - (Another Scott) - (27)
             His principles and policies more closely align with mine. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                 Bernie has shown that he doesn't work well with others. - (Another Scott) - (25)
                     And yet ... - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                         What's the timeline? What are the details? - (Another Scott) - (23)
                             FWIW this election is not going to be about the details. - (malraux) - (8)
                                 True, but I thought we were talking (mostly) about the primaries. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     I don't think he'll win the primary - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         What are you on about? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             That's like reading about how Corbyn campaigned for "Remain" in the Brexit referendum - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 The second-best kind of correct - (drook)
                                     Well.. there's this re The Source, all along of the New(est) Demo Slate: - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Aspirations are wonderful, and important. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             History Prof offers some +/-'s re Bernie-chances - (Ashton)
                             Heh. I love that. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                 ms clinton has a carefully filtered memory - (boxley) - (11)
                                     I remember that well. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         Yeah, all the millions who have health care now are "dead from the neck up". Yeah... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                             and all of those who had decent healthcare dont with extremely high deductables at 3 times the cost -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Thou sayest ... truly (!) - (Ashton)
                                             Yeah, those 28 million who didn't get healthcare coverage don't count anyway. Right? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                 That purity pony has been rode hard and put up wet - (drook) - (5)
                                                     Sure. Quit. That's better. Aspiration is overrated. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                         Who said quit? - (drook) - (3)
                                                             +1. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             I don't assume people think the way I do. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 LRPD has a wrinkle on this.. - (Ashton)
                             It's not going to be easy. - (mmoffitt)