IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why Trump lies, and why you were right…
…to sit out the last election, because “Goldwater Girl” Dread Butch Clinton would have done exactly the same things, amirite?

Elections have consequences, and the consequences of the one in 2016 have been very bad indeed, and its result owed in part to the abstention of “principled” leftists who sat it out or exercised their franchises as acts of personal self-affirmation: “Don’t blame me—I voted for Jill Stein!” Yeah, well, fuck all of you. I blame you. I don’t care if you thought that the nomination was “stolen” from Sanders: anyone with the sense God gave a goose should have been able to see that a Trump presidency was an existential threat to the polity. And now your principles have delivered Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to SCOTUS. Way to go, assholes. Those contradictions won’t heighten themselves, amirite?

We’re two years in, and as bad as I imagined in 2016 things might be by this point, they’re worse. I hurl my imagination forward twenty months, and shudder at how far events might outdistance this.

I don’t give a shit, mmoffitt, if the Democrats nominate Joe “MBNA” Biden next year. You vote for him, because the alternative is four more years of Donald Fucking Trump, which is not a good thing, capisce?

cordially,
New I think I've already said ...
I plan to piss away my vote on whatever right leaning shill for Wall Street the Democratic Party nominates for President in 2020. In case it is, incredibly, still unclear why I say "piss away my vote", recall that I live in Indiana where knuckle-draggers outnumber sentient, intelligent, empathetic humans roughly 7:1.

And please, do not bring out that old saw "you thought they were equally bad." Hogwash. I knew Trump would be much, much worse. Admittedly, he has made things much worse in two years than I thought he could make them in four, but he is what I thought he would be and I, being as wrong as I have ever been about anything in my life, thought the American People would rise up as a consequence and put an end to our 40 year experiment in Neo-Fascism. So no, I never thought Hillary would be as bad. I always knew that she would not be horrific enough of a leader to make the People rebel. And I knew (or at least I thought I knew) that Trump would be horrific enough for the people to get off their fat asses, raise their gaze from their "smart phones", abandon FB and hit the streets to hang all the bastards. A 21st century French Revolution IOW.

But, such is not the case and if it hasn't happened yet, it never shall. I no longer expect anything of any value from this lot and so, (I do hope this makes you happy), I will vote for the Democrat in 2020 and have my vote not count one whit.

Pound on me if you like, but allow me to point out that the "Leftist" Democratic nominees you are vociferously supporting include a candidate who got an A rating from the NRA, a candidate who defended California's draconian three-strikes law in court and an unannounced candidate who refused to sign the "No fossil fuel money" pledge. Quite a group. Illych and Lev would be so proud.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Why Trump lies, and why you should care. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Surely the above is Oscar Wilde grade, in light of his fav interjection: - (Ashton)
         Why Trump lies, and why you were right… - (rcareaga) - (1)
             I think I've already said ... - (mmoffitt)

Live long and prosper.
64 ms