IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New “climate” change
(reposted from social media)

If you’d asked me in, say, 1978, I think I’d have asserted that marijuana would be legalized within five years. Of course, few of us saw the dark period of cultural reaction that was shortly to break upon us with Reagan’s election and “just say no.” Have I mentioned recently how thoroughly I loathed the Reagans, husband and wife, living and dead? No? Consider it mentioned.

But I think the ice is going to break. Recreational marijuana is legal in ten states, accounting between them for about a quarter of the country’s population. “Medical” marijuana is legal in another twenty-three (I haven’t time, with dinner guests shortly to arrive, to do the numbers, but I suspect that the remainder—see below—constitute at most a third of the population). Enforcement may vary from state to state, but in California, during the years before recreational use became legal, it’s my understanding that a severe hangnail could get one a prescription. Of the seventeen states digging in their heels, penalties for possession or sale involve fines and/or imprisonment, so conduct legal on the Pacific coast could earn you a year in stir in, say Arkansas.

I seldom partake myself—although I did so on principle as retirement approached, just so I could say “fuck you” had the employer demanded that I piss in a cup—but at long intervals, and generally in remotish sylvan settings, I enjoy the free-associative high to which cannabis takes me. I hope that Senator Wyden’s initiative will lead, decades too late for the many lives ruined by punitive laws, to the collapse of, at least, this salient on the “war on (some) drugs.”

cordially,
New Quite. We're all too smart anyway. May as well stupify further.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New 10 years ago I did that
Note: ignoring bad dictating caps, phone interface.

On the last day of a negotiated exit (still had 2 weeks but this was the peak crisis day, meeting with the boss who was trying to get rid of me and HR) I was packing my stuff. I had accumulated coffee cups. I put them in a box. I took the box to the car, and dropped it in this trunk.

A couple of cups knocked together and sent a chip flying into my eye. I called my wife the nurse and ask what to do she said go inside and runs water. I went to the water fountain the second water hit my eye both eyes went blind I screamed in the hall people came in. they took me to the hospital. really a long story I'm not going into I'm already too long here so after they were done treating at the hospital but had not released they came in and told me that I needed to give urine for a drug test. who told you to get my urine. your company did. they already got a pound of flesh they are not getting my piss too. as I was driving home I wasn't driving as I was being driven home I spoke to the head of HR and said some asshole demanded the drug test. he said he was the asshole. I told him to go fuck himself. so of course I didn't go back for the next two weeks
     “climate” change - (rcareaga) - (2)
         Quite. We're all too smart anyway. May as well stupify further. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         10 years ago I did that - (crazy)

gconftool is used to control GConf from the command line.
56 ms