IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone familiar with the 'display' aspects of OS-X/Safari?
Something occurred, likely in Apple's nightly snooping/"fixing" (..just a w.a.g.)

Missing-inaction is: display of link contents moused-over. I have little idea where the overlap occurs re. the OS and Safari's own ideas of a proper Display; it merely *seems* as-if the default images-size on screen thinks it is somewhere N. of "Normal" and closer to full-screen; just part-way, so I know not whence to sleuth nor how.

Any hints on stuff to try? (I suspect there's a whole subterranean group which messes about at these levels to perfect their own ideas of a Bitchin UI for their product (but I haven't added any new s/ware since days well before the Orange Menace brought chaos everywhere else). I suspect that if I can get a handle on "actual image size" re the 24" 'late-08 iMac (surely a ƒ[screen size + resolution], I can just ∆-increments and see if that L.L. corner address magically reappears.)

Thanks for any hints.

Googling the symptom (what's missing and where, thus Why): got a few with similar prose. But ~2014 {sigh}. And I long ago gave up on O"Reilly's 'Missing Manual' [was that Pogue?] whose organization was verbose without clarity, though the index/way-back with Leopard ..would sometimes lead me through the book's quagmire. I'm on V.10.11.6 El Capitan==latest that would run. No aim to try El Capitan heavy-book; have too many Real ones to get-to.
New Accidentally hit a magic key combo?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3222659

That page has a couple of hints to do the opposite so it may give clues as to where to look to restore things.

Off the top of my own head:
- Try the Full Screen toggle,
- Maximize the Safari window,
- Make sure the status bar option is checked in the View menu

PS. May want to repost one forum down ;-)...
New Double-Duh + mea culpa
Thou sayest truthiness; I can even retrace the villain: moi :-/

It seems that, aiming for [Edit] --> Autofill at some point, I hit [View] instead (but not ept/alert enough to realize that the Probable-cause/and restore! was also clearly labelled bloody-[VIEW] and of course, the missing Status-bar wasn't noticed immediately.

And I puts the thus-clueless query under Doze?! {{gah}}

I blame it all on the mere æthereal-presence of The Orange Menace and His effects upon all neuronal processes.
Natch the 'Show status bar' line (should have been in RED-just-por-moi), had Apple-AI a fraction of the smarts of HAL-9000, eh?
(all the style-sheet fol-de-rol for HTML5 (just for one-word??), should we'unses next see a ∆-IWE? ..I don't want to think about, even.)

Thanks for helpin-out so precisely ..the drain bamage ..of just being in the dis-US post-'16.
Must immediately immerse in another Thomas Pynchon opus in order to defrag the neurons. Again.
     Anyone familiar with the 'display' aspects of OS-X/Safari? - (Ashton) - (2)
         Accidentally hit a magic key combo? - (scoenye) - (1)
             Double-Duh + mea culpa - (Ashton)

Fighting and romance are weirdly similar in many ways. Two people lock eyes in a crowded room. Everybody can feel the intensity of the emotions between them. One of them suggests that they step outside. “Come on, just you and me.” It starts out dignified, but they end up rolling around, tearing at each other’s clothing.

Also, both fighting and romance tend to look a lot better in movies than they do in real life.
55 ms