IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BSOD on a Mac? I feel a patent spat coming on...
Silly idea: reseat the RAM (if possible) and HDD (or pull the cables depending on how its mounted.)

Those connectors do sometimes develop spotty contact with all kinds of mayhem as the result.

And along the same lines: can you test the RAM, or run it with 1 stick at a time?
New :-)
I'll check those things if I find the time to pull the glass and the screen to get access to them.

Part of the Apple Hardware tests is a detailed test that exercises all the RAM. It took over an hour (16 GB) but didn't find anything wrong.

I'd really like it to be the case that I can resurrect it for the price of a 2032 battery, but it will have to wait until I can find the time to take it apart. (Conversely, I'll be really pissed if it is the graphics board (costs about as much as a whole iMac on eBay...).)

Thanks muchly. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Is there a clock anywhere on the diagnostic screens?
PC UEFI/BIOS screens usually have a time display. If the Mac has something similar, that would be a surefire way to check the battery. If the clock is correct, the battery is doing fine. OTOH, if it thinks it is 02/24/1955, the battery is dead.
New Ah, good idea! I'll try to check. Thanks.
     Fun with iMacs... - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Wow! Given the time and effort you've put into it, I'm amazed you didn't just go buy a new one. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             It takes a long time to buy stuff at work. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         BSOD on a Mac? I feel a patent spat coming on... - (scoenye) - (3)
             :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Is there a clock anywhere on the diagnostic screens? - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Ah, good idea! I'll try to check. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         iMacs are great while they're working - (pwhysall) - (1)
             I can aver that.. electronics doesn't Like (any extra ) heat, - (Ashton)

Politics.
69 ms