IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why aren't the Democrats running this commercial non-stop on TV?

The TV ad I want to see from the Democratic Party now begins with news footage of President Donald Trump from his Dec. 11 meeting with Democratic leaders in the White House: “I am proud to shut down the government,” Trump says. “I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.”

Then come clips of news anchors describing federal workers who are struggling to pay bills and in some cases being forced to work without pay during the shutdown of 25 percent of the federal government, followed by footage of a Democratic House member telling reporters that his party has repeatedly voted to end the shutdown and allow negotiations on border-wall funding to proceed but that the Republican Senate, which not long ago OK’d the idea, refuses to take it up.

Cut to images of a border wall. “There are already nearly 700 miles of walls and fences along our southern border with Mexico,” says the narrator. “Democrats believe in border security and are open to discussions about the best way to enhance it. But not when President Trump is holding hundreds of thousands of federal workers hostage unless his demands are met.”

Then the ad closes with Trump on a tape loop: “I am proud to shut down the government. I am proud to shut down the government. I am proud to shut down the government ….”

Implicit in this hypothetical commercial is that if Democrats compromise now and give Trump money to build a symbol of his harsh positions on immigration, they’ll set a dangerous precedent. An emboldened Trump will then be likely to pull another “or else ...” stunt when the federal government once again hits the debt ceiling in March.

At some point, this destructive lever needs to be pried from Trump’s tiny hands, and the sooner the better.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/zorn/ct-why-aren-t-the-democrats-running-this-commercial-non-stop-on-tv-20190119-story.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New harsh positions on immigration?? really? name something he has done
on immigration that has never been done before since WW2
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Separating pre-school kids from their parents?
And then putting those kids into detention centers?

And then putting some of those kids into cages?

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New obama did that, the pictures of cages you see in the news are from 2014 add link
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
Expand Edited by boxley Jan. 20, 2019, 08:13:15 PM EST
New Read your own link
In 2014 they arrived unaccompanied.
In 2018 we separated then from their parents.

In 2014 we released them to their parents if they were already in the country.
In 2018 we lost track of who their intentions were.
--

Drew
     Why aren't the Democrats running this commercial non-stop on TV? - (lincoln) - (4)
         harsh positions on immigration?? really? name something he has done - (boxley) - (3)
             Separating pre-school kids from their parents? - (lincoln) - (2)
                 obama did that, the pictures of cages you see in the news are from 2014 add link - (boxley) - (1)
                     Read your own link - (drook)

Spyingwithdroids on sheep.
83 ms