IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 737 Max: aviation fail
Here’s a short, graphic-centered account of the recent crash into the Java Sea. Pilots and onboard automated systems fought for control of the aircraft. The onboard systems won. Be nice if someone had let the crew know that the plane had already been malfunctioning, or even that certain of these systems existed. Sheesh.

I know that mmoffitt loathes Airbus and all its works, but the episode related here looks as though Boeing owns a part of this fuckup.

cordially,
New Late to the party. ;0)
Alex posted about this. My response starts here. Boeing may not have been blameless, but this was definitive airline + pilot error. If the pilots had turned off MCAS and manually trimmed the aircraft, they could have had an uneventful flight. Of course, had that been an Airbus, such option would not have been available to the pilot. BTW, I'm going to have a VERY LONG Saturday afternoon. My oldest is going to be in a Airbus 319 tomorrow afternoon. It's the first time she's ever flown that she didn't give me the airline and flight number ahead of time and I *know* why. I didn't say anything to her about it - YET. But when she gets on the ground, the gloves come off.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     737 Max: aviation fail - (rcareaga) - (1)
         Late to the party. ;0) - (mmoffitt)

You can't take something off the Internet. It's like taking pee out of a swimming pool.
62 ms