IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some cultures place great stock in remembering.
Scots are one of them.

I'm told that my mother's aunt once traces her line back to Rob Roy MacGregor (who, yes, really existed) and that that was not too difficult to do, either. And from there it is purported to be possible to trace ancestry back to the mid 800s AD!

Wade.
New mine goes back to the book of fines, long before the domesday book
cattle reaving and mayhem if I remember
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New My wife's uncle was that way.
The surname is Gibbes and he traced it back to England via the Caribbean and unto the South Carolina in early 1700's.

So, my wife qualifies to be a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New But on my father's side...
... the trail goes cold in England where we know my grandfather's great grandfather hailed from. We think that a lot of the required records were destroyed in WWII. Also perhaps there was a name change.

Wade.
     Paris to Pittsburgh. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
         Nicely done! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         looks like a good gig, beats climbing radio masts -NT - (boxley) - (7)
             I'd climb a radio mast - (drook) - (6)
                 ya, well when it is lit up you better have tin foil over your private parts -NT - (boxley)
                 I roomed with a cell tower repair guy - (crazy) - (4)
                     Smart. Not much chance of being caught sleeping on the job. - (drook) - (3)
                         This may be self-adjusting; - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Speaking of unUsual tendencies - (drook)
                         Dunno - (crazy)
         Another shameless shout-out from my daughter. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
             Your clan.. it is Everywhere.. - (Ashton) - (12)
                 Re: Moffat. Not sure about the entire clan, but I know why my family spells it with an "i". - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     Maybe if I'd watched the whole thing I'd understand this, but what's with the quote marks? -NT - (drook)
                     Amazing confluence ..zeroing-in on one person! - (Ashton) - (9)
                         I, too, am largely disinterested in ancestry. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                             I've never understood that sentiment - (drook) - (3)
                                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     I know better -NT - (drook)
                                 Yeah, it's stupid - (crazy)
                             Some cultures place great stock in remembering. - (static) - (3)
                                 mine goes back to the book of fines, long before the domesday book - (boxley)
                                 My wife's uncle was that way. - (a6l6e6x)
                                 But on my father's side... - (static)
             Yep! And how do you suppose grandchilderen make you feel? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Ahead two thirds!
56 ms