IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And Avgas is *still* over $5.00/gallon! (in US)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Collapse Edited by mmoffitt Jan. 10, 2019, 08:32:20 AM EST
And Avgas is *still* over $5.00/gallon!
bcnu,
Mikem

New that is because of octain and lead additives
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Poisoning us all! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Lead is the problem.
Lower demand and having to have completely separate equipment, lines, trucks, etc.

But if they'd STOP this IDIOTIC adding of Ethanol to auto gas, I could use auto gas in my airplane. Aside from having Trump as President, if there's a dumber damned idea than using ethanol for fuel I can't imagine what it is. I see it for EXACTLY what it is: YAN way for Republicans to jam money up farmers arses so that the Republican Party can remain relevant. For NO ONE making under 500K/year except a farmer is dumb enough to vote Republican.

You use the equivalent of roughly 1.1 gallons of fossil fuel to create 1 gallon of ethanol that has total lower energy than the 1.1 gallons of fossil fuel you used to create the ethanol. But, you do increase demand for corn. And corn farmers are Trump's base.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Not cheap, but ethanol free gasoline is available around here in SC.
It's about the same price as premium.

But, I agree that using what would have been food for making subsidized fuel is stupid. Tell that to the folks in Iowa.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Or Indiana Or Nebraska Or Illinois or any of the Red States. ;0(
bcnu,
Mikem

New $2.75 for 93 octane ethanol free gas
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New $4.15 here.
bcnu,
Mikem

just filled up with $1.66 per gallon gas -NT - (boxley) - (25)
         I can get $1.79 here - (lincoln) - (2)
             Down in FL at the moment and $1.999 is the best you can do. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 maybe a floor tax hike - (boxley)
         Premium here is about $1.60 a litre. - (static) - (8)
             And Avgas is *still* over $5.00/gallon! (in US) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 that is because of octain and lead additives -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     Poisoning us all! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Lead is the problem. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Not cheap, but ethanol free gasoline is available around here in SC. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             Or Indiana Or Nebraska Or Illinois or any of the Red States. ;0( -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 $2.75 for 93 octane ethanol free gas -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     $4.15 here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         prices have risen to $1.86/gallon for regular - (lincoln)
         Re: just filled up with $1.66 per gallon gas - (rcareaga) - (10)
             well can you take the one that went to DC back? give her a discount -NT - (boxley)
             yeah it is pretty horrible here - (boxley)
             We live in Northern California… - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 I thought the crumbling manse was in oakland? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     A map helps.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         It still sounds weird to me that the SF Bay is "Northern California" - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             It's *very* much northern. Just ask somebody from LA. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Yes, but it's just "The North" . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         it wasnt the coastal I was questioning haaving been there many times its the northern tag - (boxley)
         area average jumped to $2.09 this past weekend - (lincoln)

I should drag your fat arse over here and make you clean the coffee off my monitor.
92 ms