IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice try.
Here's a sample user agreement: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/terms-service

There are three places where the word "advertisement" appears. In each of those places, the agreement says I cannot alter, modify, enhance, remove or interfere with any advertisement delivered with the content. Nowhere in the User Agreement does it state that advertisements will be delivered with the content. Only that if it is, I cannot interfere with it. Nor is any mention made that third parties will be allowed to stream advertisements. You *might* argue that such is implied, but that's in the eye of the beholder. That being the case, I suspect judges are no more reasonable than you are, so I probably wouldn't prevail in any case.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Heh.
If what you were advocating were as easy as all that, it would have been done already. Of course.

If you don't want ads, don't sign up for the "content". That's the only way to avoid them these days, unfortunately. They're certainly never going to pay you (the masses) for the privilege of receiving ads on the hardware you pay for.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New As AS says, "heh"
I suggest that when the thought pattern goes: the judges will agree with you, you're done
New in a 'free society' all self-governing and other cha. cha. cha.
(And given modern 'society' of mind-fucking technology undreamt-of by previous Robber Barons)

One + Many Could: create New Rules Which face head-on the omnipresence of mind-numbing pitches 24/7 (??)
But then.. This society cannot even rid itself of a certifiable-moron, busily/daily in removing as many facets of self-governance as once made the place at least 'livable' within its many flaws.

So you both may be "right": just passively ... Give Up; its a lot less trouble.

(I'm biased on this particular topic though:)
screw all the bread & circuses intended as mass distractions and designed mainly to create high incomes for the Distractor-class. The topic is decidedly oxy-moronish where so little matter is made of there even someday becoming.. a 'society' ... just perpetual internecine warfare amidst intransigent Tribes-of-strangers (themselves!) ... is ~all I ever see inside this Depublic.

Carrion.

E Pluribus Unum ..?.. my. ass. Y'know?
New There are services that explicitly sell ad-free content.
Spotify comes to mind, as does Youtube.

Wade.
New Yep.. WE Pay ... one more time. "Here's $5; DON'T poke-me-with-that stick", Pleeeze™®©
or ... Here's my last 5 C-notes: DON'T poke me with that Orange Menace's Voice ..even ONE more time. Deal??
. (if enough ..pay off his Putin-debt?)

Has our species been terminally-Nutzo since ... well before any of us were tykes?
Yet nobody *whispered that to us ... in all those class-rooms !? So ..it's a Conspiracy.
Good to Know.

*OK in these parts, Philip Wylie began re 'Momism'; went on to 'The Disappearance' re the Then-Dis-US, wayback.
(But I was ~15 before he was whispered into these shell-likes); would have been mucho better at, say 11 :-/
     Paying for the bits for advertisements. Thoughts? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
         You click you choose - (crazy) - (8)
             How is that not exactly like the telemarketing cases? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 Ahh, attacking the messenger - (crazy) - (6)
                     Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             As AS says, "heh" - (crazy) - (1)
                                 in a 'free society' all self-governing and other cha. cha. cha. - (Ashton)
                             There are services that explicitly sell ad-free content. - (static) - (1)
                                 Yep.. WE Pay ... one more time. "Here's $5; DON'T poke-me-with-that stick", Pleeeze™®© - (Ashton)

What. He. Said.
42 ms