IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Waygu go!
Somehow I have attracted the online attention of a vendor of Waygu beef. Now look, I like a marbled steak as much as the next guy, but this thing looks as though one should order it with a side of triple-bypass. Comes out to about US $90/lb (close to $200/kilo for those of you who subscribe to the atheistic “metric” scheme of weights and measures). Since at the local Food Hole they’re currently offering nice, thick bone-in ribeyes for about a sixth that price—not that, this first full day of winter, I am moved to fire up the BBQ—I’m not altogether certain that the “carnal” gratification I’d experience from a serving of this (let’s not forget that the order is for 11-13 pounds, with a tariff of $1049) would be in aggregate greater than that I’d derive from successive servings of Food Hole ribeye, and this without debiting from the Waygu model the harsh pranging to which my cardiologist would undoubtedly subject me.

Has anyone here actually tasted Waygu? Ought I, on the contrary, order one of their smaller portions (closer to $150/lb) not long before I die?

carnivorously,
New Costco had it (and May still) on their website.
Too rich for my blood! :) Filet mignons is good enough. Not that I eat beef often.

Costco's waugu deals
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I prefer ribeye
--

Drew
New I think the big deal is tenderess not flavor.
YMMV.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Too tender is not a good thing, in this I am unanimous
--

Drew
New No, the big thing is cost.
In Japan, the more something costs, the better it tastes. That's just part of Japanese culture.
New Ummm 'our' 0.01% (maybe on up to ~20%?) runs Their/Our World via that koan, remember?
New Yup. "Face". Stupid
New Eat buffalo cheaper and taste way better
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And healthier.
My local bison ranch.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Had it once
Served as a shared appetizer. Sliced thin finger food. It was GOOD, but not a $100 per steak good. Gimme a regular ribeye.
     Waygu go! - (rcareaga) - (10)
         Costco had it (and May still) on their website. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             I prefer ribeye -NT - (drook) - (5)
                 I think the big deal is tenderess not flavor. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Too tender is not a good thing, in this I am unanimous -NT - (drook)
                     No, the big thing is cost. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Ummm 'our' 0.01% (maybe on up to ~20%?) runs Their/Our World via that koan, remember? -NT - (Ashton)
                         Yup. "Face". Stupid -NT - (crazy)
         Eat buffalo cheaper and taste way better -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             And healthier. - (mmoffitt)
         Had it once - (crazy)