IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Am I crazy?
Oldest daughter is coming home from college next week. Since she left, we have moved across the street. The old house hasn't sold yet, so we're not fully moved out. Today we started moving the daughter's stuff from her old room to her room in the new house. Here's part of a conversation.

Person A: "I'll bring the rest of the small stuff over and put it under her bed so she can go through it when she gets here."

Person B: "I'd rather leave it over there and have her just bring over what she wants. If we put it under the bed she'll just ignore it."

Person A: "Yeah, I get it. But I don't want her to come home and have stuff all over her bed and dresser that she has to go through the first night before she can go to bed."

Here's the question: Did person A just agree to leave all the stuff in the old room?
--

Drew
New The "but" makes it dubious.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New My butt makes everything dubious. HEY-OOOOO!!!!
--

Drew
New Yes. [Edit:] Sorry, no, not *all* the stuff. Only all the *small* stuff; bed etc comes over. [/Edit]
Expand Edited by CRConrad May 2, 2019, 03:12:57 AM EDT
     Am I crazy? - (drook) - (3)
         The "but" makes it dubious. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             My butt makes everything dubious. HEY-OOOOO!!!! -NT - (drook)
         Yes. [Edit:] Sorry, no, not *all* the stuff. Only all the *small* stuff; bed etc comes over. [/Edit] -NT - (CRConrad)

Consider the job: to build a structure based on live bone and meat that has to perform under extreme forces in one of the most corrosive environments on the planet. Has to look good too.
62 ms