IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting, would love to know more about one of those lectures
The physicists in Los Alamos, N.M., where the secret atomic research was conducted, were worried that workers producing plutonium in Oak Ridge, Tenn., were not heeding safety precautions. They wanted to explain the science of why the material was so dangerous.

I'd love to hear that lecture.
--

Drew
New At 'The Institute'..
Freshmen were regaled with various of these lectures by Feynman (much of which would go ^zoom^ given their 'Freshman' stage-of-incubation) wherein 'Quantum Thermodynamics' was an ineffable concept/never-mind-Tensor-Analysis and Riemann Space.

But the bound $$volumes have been extant for a long time. Heavy reading for most of us. There may be excerpts Intarweb-style, though. The amazing thing is how readable are his 'popular' books/same mind, but also an irascible one:

I once called-in when 'Morris Pripstein' had gotten a Physics Nobel (Sci-Fri on npr)--I knew him-- and mentioned F. His immediate riposte, "I didn't Like him.." kinda sums up this vastly amusing but er, variable 'genius'. (He didn't suffer fools 'gladly' ..but perhaps too enthusiastically in his dismissal..) {sigh}
Oh. Well. I gather that A.E. managed to piss off a few, too. Them's the breaks where a homo-sap ego is involved.

PS: I'd guess that this was about more than the physics, with great emphasis on just WHAT "an energetic Alpha-emitter does" to any meat-stuff within its energy-Gaussian-plot: it fucking kills-it-dead-dead, thence onto mutating those colorful large-molecules ..at the outskirts (at least that's what I'd hope--was the massage within the Message. But they didn't have the colorful transistor video magick to really Rub-It-In, back in those daze. :-/
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 1, 2018, 05:12:25 PM EST
     Feynman’s notes being auctioned. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
         Interesting, would love to know more about one of those lectures - (drook) - (1)
             At 'The Institute'.. - (Ashton)

Ah yes, "Lambicus cetafermentum", otherwise known as the Greater Belgian Whale.
75 ms