IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Auld lang syne
I’ve been revisiting the threads I’ve dipped into over the past sixteen(!) years, and am struck by how many regulars we’ve lost. Some, of course—folkert and bepatient—have unassailable excuses for non-participation. Others—nightowl and her fellow St. Louisian, whose handle I will not invoke; marlowe and cybermace and a few other neocon trolls I can scarcely remember—are not missed. Speaking personally, I never much cared for ben_tilly, but YMM_have_V.

Still, we have self-exiles karsten, deSitter and, fairly recently, CRC, all of whom in their ways added character to the joint. broomberg, brandoich, arkadiy are among the MIA who never found their way back after the IWT Interregnum.

I’m sure I’ve neglected some handles. Who is missed among the rest of you?

nostalgically,
Expand Edited by rcareaga Nov. 29, 2018, 07:36:30 PM EST
New broom is stll here
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New ChrisR and imqwerky whom I got to meet in 2004 when they were a couple.
Not that I know their status now.

cwbrenn, danreck/screamer, dmarker a fellow ex-IBMer, jbrabeck, Silverlock, SpiceWare, barely present Yendor.

And, I like Ben! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Nov. 29, 2018, 10:34:39 PM EST
New Barely-present
Reporting as instructed.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Review your list
Some of us got reincarnated.
New tablizer, of course :D
New Now where went that er, Givenchy?-inspired LRPD re his 'attire'?
Ah well. those Tables -vs- essays served to remind us all that,
IT ain't so different from 'academia', we saw:
~~ "..the reason that academic fights are so vicious is
..that so little is at stake." *cough* ;^>
New Seen elsewhere:
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New He's MUCH better
I wandered those slashdot posts for a couple of minutes. He really is much better. He is in political and economic discussions and he defends them well and when attacked he responds calmly, usually, and he is in good humor.
New Spiceware

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Night Owl and other females . . .
. . were pretty much driven away by unending ridicule from some of the male participants. I remember that well. Women think a bit different, and if you can't accept that, they won't be around.
New A number of people have just moved to Facebook.
Some of them are still here, too, though. I see posts from Skip and DRL a lot. I got to meet up with Spiceware a month or so ago in Austin simply because we're friends on Facebook, actually.

Wade.
     Auld lang syne - (rcareaga) - (11)
         broom is stll here -NT - (boxley)
         ChrisR and imqwerky whom I got to meet in 2004 when they were a couple. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Barely-present - (mvitale)
         Review your list - (crazy)
         tablizer, of course :D -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Now where went that er, Givenchy?-inspired LRPD re his 'attire'? - (Ashton)
             Seen elsewhere: - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 He's MUCH better - (crazy)
         Spiceware -NT - (lincoln)
         Night Owl and other females . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         A number of people have just moved to Facebook. - (static)

I KNOW I shouldn’t think about it, I’ll scare myself to death but after seventeen hours in the air, I can’t get the worst case scenario out of my head.

No, not a plane crash. I’m convinced that I am breathing more farts than air.
122 ms