IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If you spec it I'll code it
Given x rules I can probably come up with a conversion script. I'd consider it an honor, your pages are an incredible reference for me.
New That can be fickle
HTML is notoriously hard to convert wholesale without knowing the structure of the pages. The optional closing tags alone can be great source of fun. Stripping things that can be set on the BODY styling is not too hard, but anything deeper in can be painful.
(But overall, the work is worth it. I have never regretted converting a table based layout to CSS.)
New I'm aware
I would never attempt a full html parser. But I've done enough screen scraping to hope (which is not a stategy) that his site is predictable enough to do a scripted conversion.

But no response so far so who knows?
New I have thought about this extensively.
I was thinking perhaps the enlarged picture pages could be automated, but even there there are some that are somewhat different and some that are radically different.

The rest of the pages need extensive work, and their consistency is more an illusion than a fact. While they descend one from another, each is changed in subtle or radical ways to serve an exact purpose.

Besides, I've found it very useful to edit by hand, as it forces me to systematically revisit pages that haven't been touched for 10 to 12 years, and bring them up to standards, mine and the W3C's.

Fortunately, this is a chronic problem, not an acute problem, as Web browsers will correctly interpret the pages probably for around 8 years. Anything new or modified I submit to the W3C Validator will be updated.

In any case, I appreciate the offers, and will keep them in mind. Thanks.
New Ok, please let me know
If I can handle 80% (random bs number) at least it allows you to focus on the remaining.

Keep in mind non perl programmers are often shocked at what a decent perl programmer can do when dealing with "natural" language. If you can envision it, it is probable that I can code it, no matter how complex you think it is.
     Well, it's always something. - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
         That is a pain! - (a6l6e6x)
         Have you considered a templating system? - (malraux)
         CSS1/2.1 will do - (scoenye) - (7)
             Re: CSS1/2.1 will do - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 If you spec it I'll code it - (crazy) - (4)
                     That can be fickle - (scoenye) - (3)
                         I'm aware - (crazy) - (2)
                             I have thought about this extensively. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Ok, please let me know - (crazy)
                 Strange about the Hn elements - (scoenye)

Hey, it was good enough for Terry Pratchett.
77 ms