IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That was a great read.
I read that during a week of recovery from back surgery in Pigeon Forge, TN at a family reunion.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Interesting explanation in the 'pedia for why it's one of his few books not to become a movie
Crichton stated this was due to the great expense needed to make such a film. Another consideration might be that the novel is so dense with technical references that it reads more like an accident investigation report than a suspense-filled page-turner for the general reader. Airframe is unlike many of Crichton's other works in that the story has almost no outright science fiction elements.

I don't see why it should be particularly expensive to make. The few scenes that require flight can easily be handled with CG, and the rest takes place mostly in offices.

The technical references aren't an issue either. Harry Potter books that range from 312 to 872 pages have been adapted, with the bulk of the magic detail obviously dropped.

I suspect it's the lack of sci-fi elements they mentioned, plus a bit of a funding problem, as the major studios most likely share corporate parentage at some level with aerospace companies.
--

Drew
New You'd have to do it almost docu-drama style.
Much like how the series "Air Crash Investigation" works, though obviously with more dramatic scenes.

Wade.
New From the time I read it, I've wanted to see the movie
Mostly I want to see the scene where they do the live recreation.
--

Drew
     Time to cross off Boeing as well, Mike! - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
         Crichton was right - (drook) - (4)
             That was a great read. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 Interesting explanation in the 'pedia for why it's one of his few books not to become a movie - (drook) - (2)
                     You'd have to do it almost docu-drama style. - (static) - (1)
                         From the time I read it, I've wanted to see the movie - (drook)
         Not quite. This truly was pilot error. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             Pilot error if Boeing's manual covered the situation, which it didn't. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                 That sounds like an airline problem. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     Thanks.. a believable Assignment of Responsibility: - (Ashton) - (4)
                         In order to deliver a strongly-worded description of how to deal with a problem ... - (drook) - (3)
                             But they *had* DEW/distant-early-warning.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Oh, *they* knew - (drook) - (1)
                                     ..no wonder that homo-sap 'Angels' are Mephistophelian/hope this clears up that auto-seppuku thing. -NT - (Ashton)

What is it doing, playing street sax for chump change???
83 ms