Yes, I can see that you possess the chops actually to wish to use the new features (and love that your ultimate-backup possesses the sanity of a Full [air....gap/] 'twixt that)--and anything clandestinely poisoning via-stealth-Intarweb/Cloud nastiness, er "to boot".

I (quite irRationally, I suppose) react against the stuffing of precious neurons still passing a POST- cksum verification ..with even more-Techno-infinite sources as interfere with the much more pleasurable time-sinks of (well, you know..) authors who, by example: prepare us for an Unknowable futchah in this desert now vastly infected with fugitives from LIlliput; these forever keening over the *means of achieving Orangeness-in-Their-skin tones too/confusing that: with the Whiteness they thought they revered (just a w.a.g., of course.)
* Little-Endian -vs- Big-Endian?

tl;dr ... Techno ever shalt be: an infinite sump; I harbor no new desires towards that endless-end, y'know?
[Exception.. OK were I gifted with a used Bugatti Veyron? I daresay I'd want to have the Owners-Manual-100#-Library so as to marvel at just WHAT pure-Excess is seen to entail--Shirley another mental-fault.]