IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New in praise of the iPhone 5S
I’m quite fond of the little thing, and regard it, in points of size and design, as the utter perfection of mobile phone implementation. I put off upgrading to the iPhone SE in the (apparently vain) hope that Apple would someday further upgrade the internals for this form factor. Ain’t happening, they tell me. Wah.

Beginning a couple of years ago, the thing stopped reliably taking a charge: several attempts at connecting via the Lightning port would be required, and sometimes, come morning, the phone would have sunk to life-threatening low levels of energy. This appears to have been a known problem with this model. In Puerto Vallarta earlier in the month, no doubt distracted by my many suppurating insect bites, I carelessly allowed the thing to slip out of a pocket and briefly into la Bahía de Banderas. It survived this brief immersion, but the port expired utterly. Fortunately a local vendor put it right, replacing the part and the battery, which after four years had become a tad fragile, for a remarkably modest sum, and overnight. The thing feels like new, and I will likely hang onto it for another four years.

It’s a pity, though, that the camera is so shitty measured against modern software-augmented units. If I could get an iPhone that looked like this with modern photo capabilities, I’d upgrade in a fucking heartbeat.

cordially,

cordially,
New With support for LTE and latest iOS, I agree it's worth keeping.
But, you know an iOS in near future will leave you in the dust.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New left in the dust
At one time I was first in line for any Mac OS upgrade, but I eased up on that long ago. Likewise, because I don’t ask much of my phone, I won’t be devastated when, inevitably, it will no longer accept the latest and greatest.

cordially,
     in praise of the iPhone 5S - (rcareaga) - (2)
         With support for LTE and latest iOS, I agree it's worth keeping. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             left in the dust - (rcareaga)

Thothe boilth you have on your fathe are jutht in-THANE!
76 ms