IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks! Interesting parallels ..and your Example more revealing than you might know..
"Libertarian-leaning" ...

Early-on as the nascent-IWeThey was coalescing from the cosmic dust, I exchanged a couple e-mails with Bill Patient, naturally curious about his (somewhat reminiscent of certain 'tics' of My Gramma?) er, political POV. He used that exact phrase preceded by "somewhat". (I believe that my ripostes to some of his posts here were 'coloured'-by that revelatory statement) both ways: clarifying por moi/giving some insight into why I instinctively despised self-avowed 'Libertytarians'--for their nihilism--and all along wondering how such a generous 'generally Nice-guy' [cf. those of you who attended his fine Bashes] could simultaneously-hold Two such contrary personal attributes (!) er "successfully".

(That said, I mean no disrespect to Bill's rep or character.) It is I who still hasn't a clue how he managed to preach-what-he-preached and putatively remain sane; that's about my comprehension--not [he. be. *Rong.] and other cha. cha. cha. RIP.
* er as the phrase, "wrongly decided" via which the likes of KKKavanagh et al premeditatedly-LIE via scripted Language-murther, First Class--fooling all the credulous Yokels extant.

PS: maybe also too your "shitty lawyers as Mephistophelian basket cases" is the most cogent of all reasons to generally despise the (whatever few?) Ones ever encountered: or just to remember the ^pinnacle of bastards^ --> Drumpf's fucking-Mentor! Roy Fucking-Cohn! he who dispensed ricin-grade cha. cha. cha. to the doddering Repos AND Dems of HUAC, back in-the-sordid-daze ..which I lived through umm, lividly. It takes All Bloody Kinds to fuck-up a %Huge of 330 million people-perps to the extent We now See every hour ..y'Know? We Win {though} The Internet of Looosers for the day, the month and the Century.
New It's epidemic among computer geeks
We're used to being the smartest person in the room. When regulation looks like "protecting people from themselves" we like to think, "Get your nanny state away from me, I'm too smart for that."

And on a single instance of a single transaction, with enough time to go down the rabbit hole and build a point-by-point position, that might be true. The problem is we can't do that every time for every decision.

You're probably not going to know enough about cars to beat the professional car salesman. You're probably not going to know more than the epidemiologist about the latest in drug interactions. At some point you have to trust someone, or better yet, trust the system. That's why making a good system is so important, and attacking the system itself is worse than any single offense against the system.
--

Drew
     Donnie is making more friends - (scoenye) - (29)
         ..Including the whole state of California - (Ashton)
         Re: Donnie is making more friends - (lincoln)
         He is despised in Europe. - (pwhysall) - (24)
             Can you answer this? - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                 Look closer - (scoenye)
                 I'd say not - (pwhysall) - (21)
                     Thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Re: stealing land from the indians - (drook) - (19)
                         Us Commie types have always recognized the folly of "personal property". ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                             It's not all the same - (drook) - (17)
                                 Still, we can hope Mar-a-Lago will be under water! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Neat analysis; as to intellectual 'property'.. - (Ashton)
                                 How, exactly, does your (3) differ from (4)? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     Answers - (drook) - (12)
                                         Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                             Back atchya - (drook) - (7)
                                                 snarky LRPD sez - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                     It's about lawyers - (drook) - (2)
                                                         Thanks! Interesting parallels ..and your Example more revealing than you might know.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             It's epidemic among computer geeks - (drook)
                                                     a lot of that is cultural, when I was in fargo there was an issue with somali refugees - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         But they still recognize private property, and have a system to transfer it -NT - (drook)
                                                 It is levels - (crazy)
                                             Infants have no fear of falling, initially, either... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Agree. - (mmoffitt)
                                         Excellent, clear exposition. Well done. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: It's not all the same - (dmcarls)
         Quote in Comments section of C&L - (lincoln) - (1)
             The rain could potentially undo the ultra comb-over! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

We lived in Arizona, and the skies always had little fluffy clouds in them.
106 ms