IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Infants have no fear of falling, initially, either...
LiveScience:

As any parent knows, babies aren't born with a fear of heights. In fact, infants can act frighteningly bold around the edge of a bed or a changing table.

But at around 9 months, babies become more wary of such drop-offs. New research suggests infants build an avoidance of heights once they get more experience crawling and navigating the world on their own.

In one of their experiments, a group of scientists from the University of California, Berkeley, and Doshisha University in Kyoto studied babies that had not yet begun to crawl. Over the course of 15 days, some of the infants were trained to use a motorized baby go-cart that they could control.

[...]

Arguing about the innate human condition from the behavior of infants/children at a particular point in time doesn't seem likely to be persuasive.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Agree.
I have often fallen into the trap of arguing about "innate human nature" as a reaction to goose stepping Capitalist neo-fascists when they begin spewing the pro-Capitalist propaganda that "humans have to be taught to share/have a sense of community" as I, regrettably, did here.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Donnie is making more friends - (scoenye) - (29)
         ..Including the whole state of California - (Ashton)
         Re: Donnie is making more friends - (lincoln)
         He is despised in Europe. - (pwhysall) - (24)
             Can you answer this? - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                 Look closer - (scoenye)
                 I'd say not - (pwhysall) - (21)
                     Thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Re: stealing land from the indians - (drook) - (19)
                         Us Commie types have always recognized the folly of "personal property". ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                             It's not all the same - (drook) - (17)
                                 Still, we can hope Mar-a-Lago will be under water! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Neat analysis; as to intellectual 'property'.. - (Ashton)
                                 How, exactly, does your (3) differ from (4)? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     Answers - (drook) - (12)
                                         Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                             Back atchya - (drook) - (7)
                                                 snarky LRPD sez - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                     It's about lawyers - (drook) - (2)
                                                         Thanks! Interesting parallels ..and your Example more revealing than you might know.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             It's epidemic among computer geeks - (drook)
                                                     a lot of that is cultural, when I was in fargo there was an issue with somali refugees - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         But they still recognize private property, and have a system to transfer it -NT - (drook)
                                                 It is levels - (crazy)
                                             Infants have no fear of falling, initially, either... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Agree. - (mmoffitt)
                                         Excellent, clear exposition. Well done. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: It's not all the same - (dmcarls)
         Quote in Comments section of C&L - (lincoln) - (1)
             The rain could potentially undo the ultra comb-over! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I'm a Mog! Half man, half dog -- I'm my own best friend!
91 ms