IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Using it on this mid-2012 i7 MBP with 16GB and SSD.
I just installed it a few days ago, so I just have preliminary opinions.

The dark theme is OK - probably good on battery, but this is always plugged in. Dunno if it's good for eyes too much older than mine though (e.g. the white text on black background for the menu bar seems less crisp).

I almost exclusively use Chrome on this. One thing I have noticed is that refreshing on B-J doesn't always seem to "take" (e.g. the number of comments doesn't always update correctly), but I don't know if that's something about Mojave or something about FYPW on B-J (it's going to be updated soon and maybe some tinkering is going on behind the scenes).

Otherwise, I don't notice any issues. I haven't run any benchmarks or the like. It seems like just an incremental update to me - no speedups or slowdowns.

YMMV!! :-)

HTH. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Pretty much my experience as well.
Occasionally, the dark theme makes stuff tougher to read perhaps because the app is not up to date.

I browse with Firefox for one thing.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Dark theme will not affect battery
That's an OLED thing.

LCD backlight is on all the time, whether the screen is all white or all black.
New D'Oh! Thanks.
     Apple's nagging moi about Mojave.. - (Ashton) - (7)
         Using it on this mid-2012 i7 MBP with 16GB and SSD. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Pretty much my experience as well. - (a6l6e6x)
             Dark theme will not affect battery - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 D'Oh! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Gracias.. shall punt ..until I no choice. -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: Apple's nagging moi about Mojave.. - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Thanks, al punte. - (Ashton)

Same bat time, same bat channel.
78 ms