IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tornado drops South Dakota tractor in Montana

EKALAKA — A South Dakota farmer finally found his tractor, which disappeared in a tornado, in Carter County, Montana, the Capital Journal reported.

Doug Davis's 10,000-pound 1974 Case 1070 was plucked directly up, not even bending the wheat grass that surrounded it, and landed more than a mile and a half away in another state.

“All the big pieces are in Montana. All that is intact is the engine and a busted half of the transmission on the rear end. The duals are gone, the front axle is gone. We found two tires and three rims off the rear wheels. It skipped for over a quarter mile after it hit. It snapped the housing off the rear axles. I had cast-iron weights on the duals and they flew another quarter mile from the engine and transmission. I have found parts as far as three miles away,” Davis told the Pierre, S.D. newspaper.

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2018/11/07/around-region-news-carter-county-blackfoot-valley-stanford/1919761002/

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Pics or it didn't happen :-P
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Nov. 8, 2018, 05:08:41 PM EST
New If you want to stand outside when a tornado hits
and take videos, be my guest. I'll gladly hide in the storm cellar.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Didn't say video, didn't say the launch
I want to see where it landed.
--

Drew
     Tornado drops South Dakota tractor in Montana - (lincoln) - (3)
         Pics or it didn't happen :-P -NT - (drook) - (2)
             If you want to stand outside when a tornado hits - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Didn't say video, didn't say the launch - (drook)

I think I'll go for a walk.
54 ms