IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Unexpected.
One thing I have learned in creating my clovegarden.com Web site is - if I see something interesting and unusual for the site, buy it right now, even if it means a change of plan.

I went out to Super King Market to buy a big chunk of Lamb for an Uzbek Plov. I found, to my surprise, they had, on ice, Lake Sevan Trout, shipped from Armenia. These have been listed as endangered, with commercial fishing banned, since 1979. Apparently restocking programs and aquaculture development are succeeding.

Why would a scarce Armenia fish show up in a market here in Southern California? Well, across the street from where I live is Glendale, the Western Capital of Armenia. I'm sure they can get a lot more for these famous fish here than in Armenia.

On another Armenia topic. Armenia was the first country in the world to accept Christianity as the national religion - yet today, Armenia is one of the hotbeds of the Pagan revival. The Armenian Apostolic Church has, somewhat reluctantly, accepted the Pagans as allies in preserving Armenian culture against "destructive cults" (Jehovah's Witnesses in particular and Protestants in general). Armenia has the only complete Greco-Roman temple in the world, and the Pagans hold big events on its steps and on the patio in front.

I have been collecting some CDs from prominent Pagan bands, most described as "Folk Metal". I have Germany, Russia and Sweden/Finland, Australia/France, but I've now ordered a CD from an Armenian Pagan band. I'll see how they do when it arrives. Otherwise, Arcona, Fawn, Dead can Dance, and Hedningarna, all highly recommended.
New Australia/France or Austria/France?
One seems plausible, the other not so much.
--

Drew
New Re: Australia/France or Austria/France?
Dead Can Dance was originally from Australia, but very soon moved to England. Since then they have broken up and reformed a couple of times, but have been based in France since 2015.

Their latest CD, Dionysus was released on 2 Nov 2018 and I received it from Amazon on that day. It was recorded, mixed and produced in France, then mastered by Abby Road Studio, London.
New Ok then
--

Drew
New Spanked
New You will want to read this review in NY Times:
Reverent Beauty: The Met’s Armenia Show Is One for the Ages

The Metropolitan Museum of Art gives the blockbuster treatment to Armenia, the oldest Christian country in the world.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, it's an amazing set of devotional works . . .
. . but the Pagans blame Christianization for Armenia's fall from power. In pre-Christian times, Armenia stretched as far as from the Mediterranean to the Caspian Sea, and north almost to the Black Sea. It was a power to be respected.

At the end of WWI, the Brits were supposed to draw the new borders, but they didn't get around to it - so Turkey drew their own borders, taking more than half of Armenia.
New Whenever the story starts with "Britain drawing borders" it always ends in genocide
--

Drew
New Medieval shocker
--

Drew
     Unexpected. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
         Australia/France or Austria/France? - (drook) - (3)
             Re: Australia/France or Austria/France? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Ok then -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Spanked -NT - (crazy)
         You will want to read this review in NY Times: - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Yes, it's an amazing set of devotional works . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Whenever the story starts with "Britain drawing borders" it always ends in genocide -NT - (drook)
             Medieval shocker - (drook)

To be in England, in the summertime... close to the edge.
87 ms