IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jewish Autonomous Oblast in Russia
In the Russian Far East, bordering China, this was a convenient repository for Jews. At its peak, there were nearly 50,000 Jews, but upon the fall of the Soviet Union most of them emigrated. In 2010 there were only 1,628 left (less than 1% of the population), and there are probably a lot fewer now.

There was a lot of adjustment in Central Asia and far flung parts of Russia at the fall of the Soviet Union. Tatars, Ukrainians, Volga Germans and other eths who had been exiled returned to their homelands. The Jews also left, primarily for Israel and the United States, but also to other countries. A lot of Koreans seem to be OK with Central Asia, though - probably heard it gets real cold in Korea. Korean soups and salads have become quite popular in Uzbekistan.
New If they were from what is now North Korea, they would almost certainly stay.
And not just because North Korea has brutal winters and not a lot of arable land.

Wade.
     Kraut Night. - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
         Omigawd.. - (Ashton) - (6)
             Well, I did . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 An admirable selection, wish I could have flown in but the Lear-jet needs new tires. - (Ashton)
                 I served with a guy who did that - (drook) - (2)
                     M109? - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Might have been, but that's not what they did - (drook)
                 Not quite on the Flak 88 - (scoenye)
         Kraut night is kraut with Polish Kielbasa at my house. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             Aye, indeed! - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Kim Chee has been around for a while as well - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: Kim Chee has been around for a while as well - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Neat! Thanks for the info -NT - (boxley)
                 Aldi’s has one from Germany that pretty decent. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     The all-time worst sauerkraut came in a plastic bag. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Jews in Uzbekistan. - (static) - (2)
             Jewish Autonomous Oblast in Russia - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 If they were from what is now North Korea, they would almost certainly stay. - (static)

Know what's better than being born on third base? Being born in the owner's box.
192 ms