IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You've nailed it: Bystander effect == the entire dis-U.S. (but esp. Congress) Good show!
New If I repeat myself, I apologize. But it is a point worth underscoring, imo.
With Drumpf's approval rating around 40%, his sending 15K troops to the border, his recent proclamations about his ability to strike the 14th Amendment via Executive Order, among many other things and the fact that the Senate and the House are both currently under Republican control, consider this scenario.

The House goes Democratic next week. In the lame duck session, the refugees from Central America are formally deemed to be "invaders". On that basis, habeus is immediately suspended (as the Constitution allows). Because the nation is under threat, the lame duck House and Senate pass the American analog to Ermächtigungsgesetz (The Enabling Act).

I know that makes me sound like a conspiracy loon, but from my point of view, with this crowd, it *can* happen here.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Meh.
It won't happen.

https://www.govexec.com/defense/2018/11/pentagon-soldiers-and-taxpayers-will-pay-trumps-border-troops-order/152506/?oref=river

[...]

Some military veterans have criticized the troop mobilization, saying it will keep military personnel away from their families to fight a non-existent threat. Questions also remain about what, exactly, the troops will do, a situation that mirrors past, fraught dispatches of troops. “There has historically been some cordial disagreements between the DoD and DHS around what these troops are supposed to be doing,” said Blas Nunez-Neto, a senior policy researcher with the Rand Corporation. Troops sent to the border in recent years have wanted to do sophisticated security-focused work, like high-tech surveillance, and were instead assigned to fix infrastructure like roads and fencing instead, he noted.

Air Force general Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, who will be in charge of the operation, said Oct. 29 the troops would come with transport planes, heavy equipment and razor wire. He didn’t explain what the troops will be doing beyond “supporting CBP in hardening the southwest border.” A DHS spokeswoman couldn’t provide any further information.

Arizona National Guard troops dispatched to the border on Trump’s order in April are, quite literally, shoveling shit: they’re cleaning up after CBP agents’ horses, as well as fixing their vehicles’ flat tires, Politico reported in June.

Donnie's stunt is just that. After November 6 there will be some other shiny object to distract the rubes with.

Don't fall for it.

3 days to go!!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I hope somebody is explaining this to the troops
You take an oath to uphold lawful orders. I hope they're being really clear with troops about rules of engagement and the difference between police actions - which they're not allowed to engage in within the U.S. - and action against a military threat. And that they can be prosecuted for following unlawful orders.
--

Drew
New I hear you, but I live in Indiana.
Where within an hour of the announced visit by der Führer the President, more than 20,000 seats were requested for the 13,000 seat venue. That's almost 1 in 10 Fort Wayne residents wanting to go raise their arms in support.

These rabid knuckle-draggers would actually applaud the suspension of all Constitution Rights (except Amendment Two, of course) if it meant Brown people were going to be shot at the border. And most of them are armed. I wish I didn't feel this way, but I really believe we are not far from our very own Kristallnacht and believe me, there are more than a sufficient number of Hoosiers who would volunteer to carry it out.
bcnu,
Mikem

New THIS *would have been* Doom & Gloom paranoia ... in our now distant past.
Your in-house observations of fellow-inmates of this national Asylum is just an accurate summation from experience; not even hyperbolic (anymore):
I concur is a valid measure of the %Nazism Already operative, while the Lunatic-in-Chief daily hourly strives to harden the cement-filled reptile brains of his (call a spade-a-spayed) literally-today: mobs of Brown Shirts sans only an officially distributed 'orange-hat' Uniform; nor ..may we wish for another Beer-Hall-putsch as sent Führer #1 off to write his manifesto, in a warm well-fed prison enviro. Gestation.. breeds aliens/not only in movies.

As to WHAT TO DO --> NEXT. My febrile brain--along with those of the millions Not-hornswoggled by this defective man/boy--and who know enough local+world history also to Realize that 'I am not deranged/I am merely Reasoning as best I can' ... moi has no Aha! inner revelation ... (either.)

Nov 6 shall, por moi be tipping-point #1 re-evaluation of this stage in the devolution of the vox populi, whose concupiscence-to-violence, malevolence-as-a-Given plus massive ignorance of even the simplest matters known to the sane: NONE of us has ever experienced-LIVE! heretofore (except Alex, of course.)
(Ex-Pat is the obvious *option, despite the likelihood ..of there being so huge an hoped-for evacuation from this prison) ..as to make the logistics unavailable to such as moi. Clearly nearby possible havens shall ramp-up their [Bring Money] plank in their rules re Refugees-from-terriorists. As verily These are.

* dev-null unless I can bring two cats; nowithstanding maybe a couple cohorts of similar bent (nor is my 'loyalty' bent into that of the man/boy's execrably Bowdlerized mutation of the word.)

Shall continue to rejoice that I may well have few years in which--daily--to try to gauge the altering first-derivatives of the [-] slope. Am reasonably satisfied that I have by now sampled a sufficiency of The [this particular version!] daily Maya™ aka 'that which Clouds [Wo-]Mens' minds', immersed in illusion.

Is: "believing that I Know!" about The Real ... the largest Illusion of All?? Rest case; the Bard was a fully-conscious-Being, I wot..

..to sleep ..perchance to dream ... Ay There's the rub
as in, cha. cha. Cha.
Carrion: you're now IT ..almost. :-)
New Completely agree on tomorrow being a strong indicator of exactly how far we've devolved.
I have so little faith left in my countrymen that I'm almost dreading the results of tomorrow.

Cringers fossed that I've dramatically underestimated them.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Everything Trump and his people say is a lie.
You say they say 20,000?

JournalGazette:

Trump's advance team considered the airport as an alternative site to accommodate a change to the president's travel schedule, said Steve Shine, the local GOP party chair.

But the airport option “was immediately nixed” Wednesday morning after the advance team learned that an available hangar could hold only a fraction of the 11,000 people expected at the Coliseum.

“It was a matter of trying to keep the campaign rolling across all the states, and when it appeared that it was just not going to work at the airport, it was kept at the Coliseum,” Shine said.

Randy Brown, the Coliseum's general manager, said he has learned from arranging political campaign events at the building that the scheduling is “fluid right up to the end.”

Doors for Trump's rally at the Coliseum for Republican candidates in Indiana will open to the public at 3:30 p.m., with the rally planned to begin at 6:30 p.m.

Brown said nearly 9,000 free tickets had been reserved through www.donaldjtrump.com as of 1 p.m. Wednesday.

ddale8:

Daniel Dale Verified account @ddale8

Trump lies that there were 45,000 people stuck outside of his rally in Springfield, Missouri. Springfield's public information director, Cora Scott, told me there were "1,000 or so that were unable to get in, due to capacity issues."

12:04 PM - 20 Oct 2018

I know you're immersed in a sea of red. Do what you can to change that on Tuesday.

Cheers,
Scott.
New My number I got from a co-worker whose daughter-in-law works at the venue.
Until now, I had no reason to doubt what I was told. They are clearly not sold out - tickets are still available!!!!ONE!

President Donald Trump's campaign rally remains on schedule Monday at Memorial Coliseum after discussions about possibly moving it to Fort Wayne International Airport, the Allen County Republican Party chairman said.

Trump's advance team considered the airport as an alternative site to accommodate a change to the president's travel schedule, said Steve Shine, the local GOP party chair.

But the airport option “was immediately nixed” Wednesday morning after the advance team learned that an available hangar could hold only a fraction of the 11,000 people expected at the Coliseum.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/local-politics/20181101/airport-site-for-trumps-visit-rejected

11,000/193,628 adults = 5.7%, so I was off by almost a factor of two. Still, almost 6% want to go see it? That's a dangerous level of stupidity.

I will be voting tomorrow (as will my wife for the first time in her life).
bcnu,
Mikem

Reverse Location Order - (dmcarls) - (10)
         You've nailed it: Bystander effect == the entire dis-U.S. (but esp. Congress) Good show! -NT - (Ashton) - (9)
             If I repeat myself, I apologize. But it is a point worth underscoring, imo. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 Meh. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Also, too - Froomkin's WhiteHouse Watch - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I hope somebody is explaining this to the troops - (drook)
                     I hear you, but I live in Indiana. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         THIS *would have been* Doom & Gloom paranoia ... in our now distant past. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Completely agree on tomorrow being a strong indicator of exactly how far we've devolved. - (mmoffitt)
                         Everything Trump and his people say is a lie. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             My number I got from a co-worker whose daughter-in-law works at the venue. - (mmoffitt)

My other car is a Matchbox.
55 ms