IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So much for "rapid security updates"...
I'm getting the itch to upgrade my laptops (see Apple forum later today) and phone.

I've got a LG V30S that I like a lot. SD835 so decently speedy, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB flash + a 128 GB memory card, headphone jack (for interfacing with my car audio), decent cameras, etc. It has Treble so "rapid updates" are supposed to happen.

But it's still on Oreo 8.0.0.

And worse than that, it's still on the March security patch level. Grrr...

I'm tempted to get my Essential out and use it, except that the reception on T-Mobile is bad (for some unknown hardware reason), and it has no headphone jack.

If I won the lottery, I'd consider jumping on a Pixel 3 except for the lack of the headphone jack. I'd consider jumping on a S9/Note9 except for the lack of rapid updates.

My kingdom for a phone that has a headphone jack and rapid updates!!

(sigh)

/first-world-problems

Cheers,
Scott.
New Use burners, they have headphones and you can update them monthly
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New My Note 9 is on the Sep 1 security patch level
New I've been unexpectedly happy with my SE.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New J is annoyed with her's.
She's on Verizon. In areas where her 5S seemed to be fine in the house, she has dead-spots with the SE. Dunno if it's because of changes Verizon has made to their towers, or the phone, or what.

Plus, she has issues with "phantom clicks" occasionally - dialing people in her address book that she hasn't called in months, stuff like that.

This stuff is still much less reliable than it should be...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Maybe that's a vendor specific problem?
We had Verizon in Fort Wayne, IN for years and the service was good. Then we moved north (to the current abode) and right after Verizon started bragging that "we upgraded our network!", we couldn't get a signal at all at our house. There was one spot in the basement where (in the winter only) you could sometimes get a signal strong enough to make a call or send a text. Once you drove into town (about 4 miles away) the signal came back. We switched to an mvno AT&T account and haven't looked back since.

Did you by any chance buy the phone from Verizon? I haven't had any of the problems you reported. Of course, I just upgraded this week-end to 12.0.1, so maybe they'll start showing up. :0(
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Bought directly at an Apple Store, after her 5S got rained on. :-( Thanks for the info.
     So much for "rapid security updates"... - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Use burners, they have headphones and you can update them monthly -NT - (boxley)
         My Note 9 is on the Sep 1 security patch level -NT - (pwhysall)
         I've been unexpectedly happy with my SE. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             J is annoyed with her's. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Maybe that's a vendor specific problem? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Bought directly at an Apple Store, after her 5S got rained on. :-( Thanks for the info. -NT - (Another Scott)

I don’t need to see anyone celebrate breaking a huddle…
77 ms