IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Denver drivers
F'ing insane.

They cut across for left hand turns in about 3 car lengths. Ie: I'm driving along, have 3 car lengths to the car in front of me, and someone will cut across in front of me.

I drive about 90 minutes a day, and this happens at least twice a day.

Wtf?

It has taken me months to be sure, but I am. These fuckers simply don't care.
New They do that in Indiana, too. Except it's one car length.
But you'll *never* be able to follow anyone at three car lengths. I drive a 4 lane divided highway daily for about 20 miles. If you allow even two car lengths between you and the car in front of you, someone will cut you off. They apparently think 8 feet is a safe distance at 65 mph - even on icy roads!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Seems to be western thing
Midwest as well. I grew up driving NJ, PA, and NYC.

I know traffic. I know aggressive driving. This is way beyond that. People simply don't have an awareness of other drivers here.

They will take 20 minutes of niceties at the checkout counter (I feel my life ticking away while waiting for the oh so nice people talking at the register) and then these crazy f'ers get back in their car and try to make up for the lost time.
New Could be worse.
I lived in Salt Lake city for about a year in '62. Some of the farmers would just hold down the horn button and drive straight through town, ignoring all signs, signals and other drivers.
New Every time...
...you guys have a conversation about your shitty drivers, I'm reminded to count my blessings, because my shitty drivers are way, way less shitty than your shitty drivers.
New Drivers in London are insane imle.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Nah
They're aggressive, true.

They're not nearly as good at driving as they think they are, true.

But it's still very "after you, Claude" compared to what's being described upthread.
New Fair enough.
bcnu,
Mikem

New ~My experience there too..
I have attributed this to the fact that: your Drivers er, License Tests are real TESTS (not to mention the English is informative/not boilerplate-corporate.) I could be wrong about this 'association' a bit too, as the general level of Civility--dunno about Nowadays within the Brexit clusterfuck?--has always been pleasantly obvious to anyone from the Provinces. ie Your Bastard Operators from Hell.. just weren't encountered by lucky-moi, during several visits. (Also too re my bias: where? except in Blighty would a young guy lend me his tricked-out Norton Dominator for a I-vas-Dere-Charlie! spin at the IOM on the day-before.)

Could it be that: Not-being largely Descendants-of-Slavers (or, since that's not totally so) Not carrying that hateful-gene into present performance? denotes a better grade of self-improvement, to boot (no not That 'boot'.)

..and I was driving on the Wrong-side and still.. your blokes didn't run into moi! Or even try. (get any road-rage in those parts at all?)

Carrion; sometimes cars cause that, too.
     Denver drivers - (crazy) - (8)
         They do that in Indiana, too. Except it's one car length. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Seems to be western thing - (crazy)
         Could be worse. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Every time... - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Drivers in London are insane imle. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Nah - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Fair enough. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             ~My experience there too.. - (Ashton)

Compatible with our orbiting brain lasers.
47 ms