IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anarchy is very fragile.
Larry Niven demonstrated this (to my satisfaction) in a short story. I can't remember the title of it, but it appeared in his N-Space collection.

The story was set in the future when the major freeways are converted into special parks: you can do anything you want in these parks except do violence to someone else. They are policed by flying 'bots which stun offending parties. That is the sum total of the rules. He has a few examples of what "doing anything" means within that context. The writer watches a police bot playing at dodging someone's attempt to catch it. A sexy woman wearing nothing but a long piece of very light ribbon fastened at her neck walks by.

However, someone discovers a way to short out *all* the police bots by tampering with just one. True anarchy erupts briefly: the girl with the ribbon is probably raped; groups of people lay violent claims to water sources. The strong take over. Anarchy is a fragile state.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New "Cloak of Anarchy," IIRC.
Interesting little story. And, yes, it proves the point quite well.
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
     Now that's anarchy - (marlowe) - (4)
         Organized anarchists?___Sounds like an oxymoron to me. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
             Peaceful Anarchy - (orion) - (2)
                 Anarchy is very fragile. - (static) - (1)
                     "Cloak of Anarchy," IIRC. - (inthane-chan)

How?
31 ms