IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And another fun bit.
Long ago, in the days of black and white photography, I did some film developing. In my dark room I needed a very low light level. Years before I had acquired a neon bulb that screwed into a regular medium socket. I used it in the ceiling socket.

The Neon bulb produced a dim orange light. The neon was contaminated with a small amount of argon, which is strong in violet, but so little argon I could barely detect the violet. The odd thing is, with this light I could see full color at a ligh level so low I could normally see no color.
New That's possibly Edwin Land's effect.
Edwin Land's Interesting Accident A 2-Color System

I got to see his lecture at MIT showing the effect. The original Polaroid company that Land created was also in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Recall that development, lots of fun with the Troops as well.
     Time sink: color theory - (drook) - (7)
         Neat. Plus... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I've seen that - (drook)
             Vox did a video about that. - (static) - (1)
                 Neat ... and a rabbit hole in the recommendations - (drook)
         And another fun bit. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             That's possibly Edwin Land's effect. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Recall that development, lots of fun with the Troops as well. -NT - (Ashton)

Just because your vocabulary is extremely limited doesn't mean the rest of the world can't use that word.
79 ms