IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Those darn deadlines! The sorrows of Kathleen Parker
So last week, after the Kavanaugh accusation broke, Washington Post Kathleen Parker could scarcely contain her indignation at “An 11th hour attempt to slander Brett Kavanaugh”:
After several days of showboating and judicial hazing, Democrats pulled out their biggest weapon against Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh: a letter from an anonymous woman claiming sexual misconduct in high school.

There are no words — except, perhaps, desperate, scurrilous and embarrassing to anyone with a conscience and a grown-up brain.
Yeah, well that was Friday. This morning, Parker decides that while this might still be the hill she’ll elect to die on, perhaps, you know, she won’t plant herself right up there on the ridgeline, so here’s her first fallback position: maybe the slut isn’t lying—the poor dear is just, you know, mistaken:
Is there a Kavanaugh doppelganger?

In one of Brett M. Kavanaugh’s responses to allegations that he sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl when he was in high school, a charge he has denied “categorically and unequivocally,” he suggested that, perhaps, this was a case of mistaken identity.

Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), a member of the Judiciary Committee, reiterated this notion, saying that perhaps the accuser was “mixed up.” And on Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board also floated the possibility of mistaken identity.

As crazy as that sounds, it wouldn’t be unheard of. And, given the high regard in which Kavanaugh has been held throughout his life, including during high school, it would make the most sense. Could there be a Kavanaugh doppelganger?
As noted Wall Street Journal columnist and lush Peggy Noonan once memorably wrote, after having suggested that Bill Clinton was being blackmailed by the Castro government, “Is it irresponsible to speculate? It is irresponsible not to.” Anyway, Kathleen thinks this is really the likeliest explanation, and we should just all wrap the thing up and give the poor man his SCOTUS seat:
In advance of the scheduled hearing, character references have been stacking up on both sides, with two of Kavanaugh’s former girlfriends and others saying he has always been a consummate gentleman. A separate letter signed by 65 women who have known him over the years affirms the same. Ford’s high school acquaintances and professional colleagues have been equally generous in supporting her.

Thus, giving both the benefit of the doubt, it seems possible to believe both that Ford was assaulted just as she has described — and also that Kavanaugh didn’t do it. In a case without evidence, witnesses or corroboration, mistaken identity would provide a welcome resolution to this terrible riddle.
See? Two of his former girlfriends say that Kegger Kavanaugh was a consummate gentleman (“Hyuck-hyuck: she said consummate!”). Checkmate, libtards!

I must say that back in 2016, when l’affaire Franken was briefly in the news, Parker was disposed to cut her own gender a little more slack:
Do I believe every accuser who has come forward? I'm inclined to. In fact, without good reason otherwise, I'm inclined to first believe the woman in any case. This isn't because I happen to be a woman, but because men historically have been unfairly believed over women. Assuming no relevant pathologies, why not believe the woman?
So why not in the present instance? Hmmm…

I’m gratified to report, for those of you who do not venture behind the WaPo paywall, that the last time I looked, today’s risible screed had garnered somewhere north of 1300 comments, most of these heaping derision on the author’s head, although a few gallant trolls have stepped up to her defense. Mind you, I got a sense of flop sweat reading the thing. There are a couple of her WaPo stablemates who rise to this level of mendacity pretty effortlessly. But there’s promise here. If young Parkwalker really applies herself over the next couple of years, building on these recent efforts, then Messrs. Thiessen and Hewitt had better look to their laurels.

cordially,
New Whichever way it goes next week, I predict the "press" will take this on.
[edit w/proper name]

Think "60 Minutes" with Christine Ford interview and also other folks that remember the high school scuttlebutt at the time. Not to mention Christine Ford talking to her husband, therapist, and others well before Kavanaugh became a nominee.

Then, think about the public reaction and its effect on the election. I hope the timing is good.

The (R) next to a name stands for:

1. Racist
2. Rapist
3. Russian agent

These events verify number 2.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Sept. 20, 2018, 03:05:38 PM EDT
New Flop sweat? You spanking the monkey over the comments?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Krugzilla on Kavanaugh
Paul Krugman tweets yesterday:
A thought: the Kavanaugh mess has structural roots. Rs needed someone who was both ideologically reliable and at no risk of developing a conscience when it came to defending Trump against rule of law. So it had to be a bad person, which meant good odds of nasty stuff surfacing.
cordially,
New ..A dizzying dabble, demonstrating dastardly-deed development. I give it a 'D+'
New And here’s the source
So Parker promulgated, perhaps directly (which makes her nakedly complicit) or at once-remove (which makes her willingly naïve and only secondarily complicit) the inept attempted ratfuckery of one Ed Whelan. Hoo-boy, is he dumb! Whelan’s original Twitter thread has been taken down, and in the past 36 hours he’s been frantically attempting to walk it back, but it would not surprise me if the middle school teacher in Georgia fingered (cough) by Whalen hasn’t found a voicemail message along the lines of “Mr. Garrett? My name is Michael Avenatti. You may have heard of me. Listen, I sometimes do work on a contingent basis…”

Seen elsewhere: “They’re trying to circle the wagons, but the wheels keep coming off.”

cordially,
New snorting coke off of a hookers ass didnt stop shrub from two terms
so if a drunken frat boy acted like one 36 years ago unless there is more I wouls say he gets confirmed anyway. Actually if trump really was a devious ratfucker, he could say fine, you dont want kavanaugh? Here is someone already vetted. Stuff Jeff Sessions in the slot ram the vote thru and then he has a clear shot at Rosenstein.
New less that “a drunken frat boy acted like one 36 years ago”…
than that he’s lying his ass off about it today. Publicly. Even to his handlers. As Charles Pierce has observed,
Here’s the thing about Categorical Denials. They push all your chips to the center of the table. If you're mistaken, or you’ve forgotten, or you did it but you were too sockless hammered to recall the events, you’re just as done as if you were flat-out lying about the whole matter. Certainly, if you’re trying to be a Supreme Court justice, you better hope there isn’t evidence out there that you’ve somehow misplaced in your memory, because peddling untruths in public, and before the Senate, and under oath, is a guaranteed way back to your old job. So, if the woman in question steps up, bravely, and describes in detail what she remembers about the night in question, you can suddenly realize that there isn’t quite as much limb under your feet as you thought there was.
But I wouldn’t imagine you can parse that, as advanced as your malignant cerebral trollinoma has become.
New if he did it once chances are he did it again, get those folks to come forward.
things like that dont exist in a vacuum.
New How many more?
What's the exact number of additional accusers that will convince the Republicans that he did it, but not so many that it's evidence of a deep state conspiracy?
--

Drew
New republicans? Half of them or more don't think doing that is particularly wrong adding example
Expand Edited by boxley Sept. 22, 2018, 09:22:46 PM EDT
New If they don't care, what's the incentive for anyone else to step forward and take on that hassle?
--

Drew
New yup
Step right up! Getcher online death threats right here!
New "things like that don’t exist in a vacuum"
So, O.J. is accused of murdering a couple of people. Are there any other people he killed? Things like that don’t exist in a vacuum.
New murder is the exception rather than the rule.
Murderers are usually good prospects to becoming good citizens after their release as the person that pissed them off is dead now.
     Those darn deadlines! The sorrows of Kathleen Parker - (rcareaga) - (14)
         Whichever way it goes next week, I predict the "press" will take this on. - (a6l6e6x)
         Flop sweat? You spanking the monkey over the comments? -NT - (boxley)
         Krugzilla on Kavanaugh - (rcareaga) - (1)
             ..A dizzying dabble, demonstrating dastardly-deed development. I give it a 'D+' -NT - (Ashton)
         And here’s the source - (rcareaga) - (9)
             snorting coke off of a hookers ass didnt stop shrub from two terms - (boxley) - (8)
                 less that “a drunken frat boy acted like one 36 years ago”… - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     if he did it once chances are he did it again, get those folks to come forward. - (boxley) - (6)
                         How many more? - (drook) - (2)
                             republicans? Half of them or more don't think doing that is particularly wrong adding example - (boxley) - (1)
                                 If they don't care, what's the incentive for anyone else to step forward and take on that hassle? -NT - (drook)
                         yup - (rcareaga)
                         "things like that don’t exist in a vacuum" - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             murder is the exception rather than the rule. - (boxley)

We're gonna make this night... last fo-evah!
75 ms