IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves?
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/seller-financing-home-sales-30164.html

Seller financing can be a useful tool in a tight credit market. It allows sellers to move a home faster and get a sizable return on the investment. And buyers may benefit from less stringent qualifying and down payment requirements, more flexible rates, and better loan terms on a home that otherwise might be out of reach.

Sellers willing to take on the role of financier represent only a small fraction of all sellers -- typically less than 10%. That's because the deal is not without legal, financial, and logistical hurdles. But by taking the right precautions and getting professional help, sellers can reduce the inherent risks.

[...]

HTH!

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves?
Ah! So, all I have to do is have enough money to purchase several tens of thousands of homes so that I will be the Seller in each case and then I don't have to be a bank to make the outrageous sums that the bankster class does on home mortgages.

I completely understand now and apologize for my lack of imagination.

;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Hey Peter, do you believe Carney's right about property values with no-deal? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
         Sort of. I think there's a bit of exaggeration for effect. - (pwhysall) - (17)
             Never heard of that help-to-buy racket - (drook) - (14)
                 It's not that people lose their homes... - (pwhysall) - (13)
                     Careful with that "appreciates" assumption. Too much of that gave us the 08/09 crisis. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                         A symptom, not a cause. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                             I see your point. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                 It's probably more complex over there than it is over here. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     As are most things. We haven't many adults running things here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Location, Location, Location. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     Wait a second. Are you saying that income inequality is the most pressing issue? :0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Voting is the most pressing issue. But there are many, many other important ones... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Re: But don't count on prices falling to "affordable" levels in areas where people want to live. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Um, do you have any bonds? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                             Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (mmoffitt)
             Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Re: Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices. - (pwhysall)