IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices.
Which, until I visited London, I thought had to be the most inflated home prices on the planet. For example, my daughter and her husband are first time home buyers in California and recently closed on a house close to a busy General Aviation airport. Their house is a little over 800 square feet and cost over $420,000 (> 315,000£).

That same house would have gone for about $35,000 (26,000£) in 1980, so even after the financial/real estate crisis, there's still way too much bloat in the housing prices in Southern California imo. Still, flat prices in London near Stamford Bridge are truly awe inspiring (I saw a flat for sale while I was there for 800,000£). And home prices were less, but still incredible where we stayed away from London (Wallingford, Dorchester-on-Thames, Streatly, etc.).
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices.
For example, my daughter and her husband are first time home buyers in California and recently closed on a house close to a busy General Aviation airport. Their house is a little over 800 square feet and cost over $420,000 (> 315,000£).

That's about two-thirds the size of mine, for approx. 3x the price.

London suburb (and not the nice ones) pricing, IOW.
     Hey Peter, do you believe Carney's right about property values with no-deal? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
         Sort of. I think there's a bit of exaggeration for effect. - (pwhysall) - (17)
             Never heard of that help-to-buy racket - (drook) - (14)
                 It's not that people lose their homes... - (pwhysall) - (13)
                     Careful with that "appreciates" assumption. Too much of that gave us the 08/09 crisis. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                         A symptom, not a cause. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                             I see your point. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                 It's probably more complex over there than it is over here. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     As are most things. We haven't many adults running things here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Location, Location, Location. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     Wait a second. Are you saying that income inequality is the most pressing issue? :0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Voting is the most pressing issue. But there are many, many other important ones... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Re: But don't count on prices falling to "affordable" levels in areas where people want to live. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Um, do you have any bonds? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                             Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Re: why don't more people cut out the middle man and provide mortgages themselves? - (mmoffitt)
             Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Re: Thanks! That's inline with what I think about Southern California's prices. - (pwhysall)

[C:\]_
83 ms