IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Or a PS4, or a PC.
New What's the gameplay like?
I assume they don't actually make you sit and look at a blurred starfield for weeks at a time.
--

Drew
New If they've fixed the PS4 performance issues, that's tempting
I've been looking at Elite for a while but couldn't be arsed to buy a PC or outfit my Mac with dual boot.

It's definitely more finicky than NMS, but the realism is attractive in its own right.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New To answer both you and drook
The gameplay has the best space flight model of any game out there right now, bar none.

There's missions to do, ranks to gain, money to earn, ships to buy, fines to pay off, schmucks to whack for money, etc.

You can basically do what you like within the confines of the game world. There's no story arc or anything.

I play on Xbox One X, in 4K. It looks delicious. Frontier Developments seems pretty active in releasing updates and there are plenty of people playing on PS4, so I suspect it's probably fine.

As for NMS - now that's a game that conflicts me. I absolutely 100% adore the aesthetic, but the gameplay and UX makes me hate it. The game is basically one micro fetch quest after another, the combat is absolute crap, and - and this is the worst sin - flying around in your spaceship is just awful. The inventory system is dreadful and the UI around it is worse.

But I still fire it up and enjoy it, because it just looks and feels and sounds so amazing.
New NMS is sci fi pulp crossed with Minecraft
But it manages the first part much better than the second.

It's gotten a lot better but good lord the UI is crap, especially on a console.

It's more fun in creative mode because you don't have to deal with all the fetching.

All that said, it seems a lot more accessible than Elite almost because the flying and combat are so lousy. There's nothing finicky about it, you jump in and hit the go button.

I've spent a good dozen hours playing Next over the past few weeks and I couldn't even tell you why, really, just that I enjoy it now and I didn't use to. Being able to buy plans helped, I guess, because now it's less rando than before and it feels like less of a desperate slog to chance across that next procedural thingy you need.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     APOD is cool - (drook) - (7)
         Indeed - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Looks cool, if I had an Xbox ... -NT - (drook) - (5)
                 Or a PS4, or a PC. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     What's the gameplay like? - (drook)
                     If they've fixed the PS4 performance issues, that's tempting - (malraux) - (2)
                         To answer both you and drook - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             NMS is sci fi pulp crossed with Minecraft - (malraux)

They're trying to teach you math by brainwashing you.
80 ms